For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 12 Sep 2019
Having a car insurance is as important as having a car. When it comes to buying a car, we invest a lot of time and make efforts into finding the best one. Although, it’s also important to take some time out and do some research for the car insurance coverage. It’s always advisable to be very careful while buying a car insurance. Hence, here’re some common mistakes that people must avoid while buying a car insurance policy. Take a look –
- No transfer and register of vehicle – This is one of the most common mistakes that people usually make when they buy a used car. They must not miss to transfer or register the vehicle on their name otherwise, they won’t be able to make insurance claim in the future.
- Purchasing a policy with lowest premium rate – It’s not always right to buy an insurance policy with lesser premium as the company offering lower premium may not be always trustworthy. Along with insurance premium, you must also look for its benefits as well as other offerings.
- Not comparing different policies online – Before buying a car insurance policy, you must compare your policy with other company’s insurance plans as some companies offer great discounts and offers for policies.
- Not reading the policy documents thoroughly – Reading policy documents is yet another important thing you need to consider before buying a car insurance policy. You may not have time to go through the entire policy documents, but this thing might get you into trouble. Thus, before buying a car insurance, you must understand the terms and conditions of the policy so that you don’t have to face any problems in the future.
- Buying the policy offline – It is always better to buy an insurance policy online than offline because you are more likely to get insurance policies with lesser premium when purchased online.
On the whole, keep these above mentioned pointers in mind if you’re planning to buy a car insurance policy anytime soon. Besides, there are several insurance companies such as Royal Sundaram that offer comprehensive car insurance policies at affordable rates.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise