For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 15 Oct 2019
In a country like India, it is important for a vehicle owner to follow road safety rules. As India is known for road accidents due to myriad of reasons such as breaking traffic norms, poor infrastructure, rash driving, etc. Thus, to keep yourself and your vehicle safe and secure on Indian roads, here’re the few important road safety tips that you must follow:
- Wear seat belt always – This is one of the most important road safety tips that you need to follow while driving. It’s not because driving without seatbelt is illegal, but it’s a necessity as it saves our life. You never know what happens the very next moment. Thus, you should always strap in your seat belt while driving a car.
- Avoid the intake of alcohol or narcotics while driving – Driving your vehicle under the influence of alcohol or any other drug is considered as a punishable offence, including the possibility of imprisonment or license cancellation. It is completely illegal as it leads to serious road accidents. Thus, one must avoid the consumption or alcohol while driving.
- Drive slowly and follow the rules – This is yet another important thing that you need to consider while driving. Driving at high speed could lead to accidents. A slower speed would help you prevent road accidents. Thus, you must drive within speed limits and follow all the traffic rules and regulations.
- Get your car serviced regularly – You must get your car serviced regularly in every 3-4 weeks. A well maintained car will go a long way in making your journey safe and secure.
- Drive in the middle lane – With lesser traffic merging in the middle lane, one should prefer driving in the middle lane as it is the safest to drive in and also, there’s lesser risk of meeting with an accident.
Thus, to reduce the number of road accidents in India, it is important to follow these aforementioned tips so that you feel safer on the Indian roads. Besides, if you are thinking of buying a comprehensive car insurance plan online, then go for Royal Sundaram; it offers comprehensive car insurance plans at affordable prices.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise