For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 12 Oct 2018
Cost of owning a car these days is already sky high, thanks to the burgeoning fuel prices. Add to it, car insurance premiums, and it really doesn’t get better. However, if you’re smart about it, you can save up on car insurance costs. Here’s how:
- 1. Compare insurance quotes before you purchase the car: Car insurance rates are affected by more than just the value of the car. If you have multiple cars to choose from, make sure you check in to the insurance rates first.
- 2. Bundle up your policies with the same insurer: You can enjoy a host of benefits and save money by purchasing your car insurance and other policies from the same company.
- 3. Avoid over-insuring: Over-insuring means over paying. So, make sure you choose the right policy with adequate coverage, and avoid piling up unnecessary riders.
- 4. Use digital tech to monitor your safe driving: There are many apps and tools in the market that can be plugged in or connected to your car to track your driving behavior. Through the collected data, if you are deemed a safe and cautious driver, you can get major discounts from your insurer.
- 5. Check for discount programs: Some insurance companies have discount programs for certain groups, such as for people who’ve served in the military before, drivers with a super safe driving history, people who’ve completed a defensive driving course, etc. Check if your company offers the same, and if you qualify for any discounts.
- 6. Renew regularly to avoid penalty charges: If you are held by the traffic police with expired insurance, you would be liable to pay penalty for the same. So ensure, you always renew your policy on time. Purchase a long-term policy to avoid renewing it every year.
- 7. Revisit your policy regularly: Our insurance needs change over time. Evaluating your insurance policy regularly will help you reduce unnecessary costs and maybe even change the policy.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise