For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 03 Aug 2010
Is rising petrol prices burning a hole in your pocket? Does that hinder your travel dreams? A Plug-in Hybrid car might just be the answer. A regular hybrid car works on both electric and petrol power. A Plug-in hybrid car on the other hand is an evolved version of a regular hybrid car. It has an additional rechargeable battery that can be charged in ‘any’ electric power outlet. Yes, even at home!
Here are some of exciting features of a Plug-in Hybrid Car. Go for it if you want to save on mileage and get a ‘greener’ alternative to petrol driven cars.
- Saves 75% on fuel expenses, as it doesn’t totally depend on petrol.
- Enjoys quadrupled fuel economy over conventional vehicles and doubled fuel economy over a regular hybrid car.
- You can recharge the battery packs at your home in a few hours. Sure, you won’t shell out much money on electricity.
- Stuck in the middle of your trip? No worries! The petrol combustion engine comes to your rescue.
- Convert your Plug-in hybrid to a “zero emission vehicle”, recharge with roof-top solar power systems.
But the Plug-in Hybrid comes with a price. Develop an in depth understanding about the car and its manufacturers before buying it. Also knowing about car insurance plans is important!
Honda Civic Hybrid and Toyota Prius Hybrid are the two hybrid cars currently on the Indian streets. Chevrolet Volt Plug-In Hybrid is yet to be launched in 2011.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise