For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 06 Sep 2018
When it comes to buying a car insurance, there’re several important factors you need to consider. One such significant factor is the insurance coverage you are looking to buy for your car. While looking for a car insurance, people usually get confused between a third-party insurance and comprehensive car insurance. A comprehensive car insurance is basically a type of insurance that covers damages caused to your own vehicle. Apart from damages, this car insurance also covers injuries or damage caused to a third party. In fact, it is one step ahead of the third-party insurance that provides protection only to the third party. Besides, this article will help you to know better about comprehensive car insurance. Read on –
What does comprehensive car insurance covers?
Here’re the following things covered under comprehensive car insurance policy –
- * Fire
- * Theft
- * Vandalism
- * Damage caused by natural disasters
- * Damage to third party
- * Damage or destruction caused to your vehicle due to civil disturbances such as riots
- * What’s not covered under comprehensive car insurance?
There’re a list of things that have been excluded from a comprehensive car insurance policy –
- * Wear and tear of the vehicle
- * Depreciation
- * Damage caused due to driving under the influence of drugs
- * Damage caused due to drunken driving
- * Electrical or mechanical breakdown
- * Damage to tyres and tubes.
- * Damage caused to the vehicle by a person driving without a valid license.
Why comprehensive car insurance?
It’s good to choose a comprehensive car insurance as it includes a host of benefits, here are some of them –
- * Hassle-free: It offers peace of mind by saving you from stress in difficult situations.
- * It covers several instances: It covers various instances right from fire, theft to liability to third-party in case of an accident, and accidental
- * It covers your loved ones: With a comprehensive car insurance, you not only protect yourself but also your loved ones.
Though, comprehensive car insurance offers more coverage than third-party insurance, it’s not necessary that it will always be expensive. Besides, Royal Sundaram’s comprehensive car insurance is the best choice for you, if you wish to give the maximum protection to your car and loved ones.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise