For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 18 Jun 2015
The Indian auto industry is fast recovering from the worst-ever slump it suffered from 2011. The recovery has been marked with several new launches in early 2015, with more launch announcements expected in the latter half of the year.
Some of the newcomer auto babies that are already making significant waves are –
1) Audi TT Coupe – The iconic Audi TT Coupe launched in India in April 2015. Priced at 60 lakh (Ex-Showroom Price, Delhi), the TT Coupe marks the 3rd generation of a sports car, initially launched in 1998. The Audi TT Coupe comes replete with futuristic interiors, plush leather seats and an innovative virtual cockpit that elevates both the infotainment system and overall driving experiences to higher standards. Powered by a 2.0TFSI engine (230bhp), the TT Coupe sports a six-speed S tronic transmission and Quattro permanent all-wheel drive.
2) Renault Lodgy – The first multi-purpose vehicle (MVP) from Renault, the Lodgy is the first Renault car to make its global debut in India. Launched in April 2015, the Lodgy is priced between 8.2 to 11.8 lakh (Ex-Showroom Price, Delhi). Based on the same platform as the Duster, the Lodgy is powered by a 1.5-litre diesel engine and is available in two variants – 84bhp with a 5-speed gearbox and a 108bhp variant with a 6-speed gearbox. Comfortable and spacious, the Lodgy offers a great on-road driving experience.
3) Hyundai Elantra – Another April launch, the Hyundai Elantra is priced between 14.1 – 17.9 lakh (Ex-Showroom Price, Delhi). Powered either by a 1.8 dual-VTVT petrol (149.5ps, 178Nm) or 1.6 VGT CRDi diesel engine (128PS, 260Nm), both variants come with a six-speed automatic or manual gearbox. With several additional safety features and performance improvements, the new Elantra boasts of engineering excellence that matches the needs of auto customers today.
4) Volvo V4 Cross-Country – Priced between 27 – 32.5 lakh (Ex-Showroom Price, Delhi), the New Volvo V4 is the petrol version of the earlier launched diesel trim. The Volvo V40 Cross Country petrol variant is powered by 1.6 litre, 4-cylinder GTDi engine (180hp, 240Nm) with a 6-speed automatic transmission and front wheel drive-train. The Turbocharged Direct Injection engine showcases an aluminium construction and direct injection technology that promotes performance and fuel economy.
5) Chevrolet Captiva 2015 – The all-new version of the 2013 Captiva is priced between 25.1 – 27.4 lakh (Ex-Showroom Price, Delhi). Available in 4×2 manual & 4×4 automatic versions, the new Captiva is powered by a 2.2 litre diesel engine (187bhp, 400Nm) and is available in a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission respectively. The newly launched Captiva ups the ante on performance efficiency and fuel economy with an upgraded instrument cluster for improved visibility and better cruise control.
6) Other high end car launches this year include the Porsche 911, Porsche Boxter and the BMW i8.
The first half of 2015 has indeed seen some superlative cars hitting the Indian roads and the second half continues to be just as exciting and promising. If you are a proud owner of a new car in 2015, we hope you enjoy the drive and do hope that you remembered to insure your car with the best-suited insurance option from Royal Sundaram Car Insurance.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise