For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 12 Oct 2018
If purchasing a new car is next on your list of shopping, your mind would certainly be clouded with a number of thoughts. With an extensive range of options available to choose from, it could be overwhelming to decide on one option. However, with a few basic points as groundwork, this wouldn’t be much of a daunting task. Here are the following things you need to keep in mind before you make the final decision. Read on –
- * Petrol or diesel: With skyrocketing fuel prices, who’d like to add burden to their pockets? Earlier, diesel was an ideal choice due to lower fuel cost and higher mileage. This means that you could easily repay the interest within a short period of time. But, the existing cost is no longer a decisive factor. Now the petrol version of cars is much better than diesel as its variants cost more and requires high maintenance as compared to petrol cars. So, as per experts, low maintenance petrol variant might be the better choice.
- * Car insurance: Having a car insurance is a mandate one cannot avoid as an Indian citizen. Moreover, it is compulsory owing to the paramount protection it offers to the insured. A car insurance policy has to be purchased by a car owner in order to mitigate risks due to accidents or any damages that the vehicle may have to incur . A car owner has to pay premium towards a policy to the respective insurance company. It is like an umbrella for times that are beyond one’s control.
- * Check your loan eligibility: This is yet another important thing you need to keep in mind while buying a new car. It’s imperative to check your loan eligibility before to plan your payments towards the car. For financing, there are several banks where you will get a repayment tenure ranging from 12 to 84 months so that you can choose what suits you the best. Remember that you stand eligible for a loan only if you have a good credit score.
- * Check the model of the car: This is one of the crucial points to factor in before buying a new car. Research about the model of the car, whether it is the latest one being offered by the company. Engine capacity, seating capacity and salient features of the car go a long way in making the final decision.
- * Time of purchase: Purchasing an asset like a car at the best price possible is certainly one thing that every buyer aims at. In a country like India, festivity months serve as one of the best opportunities to make such purchases. Ensure, you research well about the deals and discounts offered by manufacturers and dealers to make an affordable purchase.
Now, all you need to do is to start looking for your dream vehicle. Happy driving!
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise