For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 09 Apr 2014
Environment friendly cars not only help reduce your carbon footprint, they also help you save on transportation costs in the long run. Did you know that many insurance companies give you special offers and discounts on car insurance if your vehicle is eco-friendly?
Simple changes can help you make your car more eco-friendly and help you save money in multiple ways. Here’s a look at how
Ways to Make Your Car Eco Friendly
Here are some simple tips that you can use to make your car more environmentally friendly and gain through insurance benefits:
- Regular maintenance check: Get your car checked and tuned up regularly. It will reduce the pollution emission and save gas.
- Keep the air filter in check: The air filters do the same work for car as eyelashes do for our eyes. They stop the dirt from damaging the engine of your car. So, air filters need to be changed from time to time, when clogged. This helps cut down the gas usage of your car and keeps the engine safe.
- Proper inflation of tyres: Apart from the safety angle, ensuring that the tyres have the right air pressure helps improve your car’s gas mileage.
- Say no to idling: While waiting for the traffic lights to turn green or waiting for a friend, turn off the engine. Idling car costs you more gas than restarting the vehicle.
- Avoid over-stuffing your car: The more your car weighs, the more gas it consumes. So, clean your car and avoid carrying unnecessary loads. Keep your ride as light as possible. Some accessories and tyres can add significantly to the load. Check the added weight before making changes to the vehicle.
- Drive smooth: Sudden breaks and accelerations not only put a strain on your car but also lead to more fuel consumption.
- Turn off power consuming accessories: Before turning on your engine, make sure you have turned off the radio, air conditioner, etc, of your car. It will help save fuel while starting your car.
- Use Natural Fresheners: Using natural fresheners will not only keep your car smelling great, they will help protect the environment and not harm your lungs, as the artificial fresheners do!
There are other ways, like cleaning your car with eco friendly products, using the right oil and more, to keep your car running at its best and being eco-friendly. Everybody can play a pivotal role in reducing the pollution level and making our environment cleaner and greener. As they say, “We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.” So, do your bit by making small changes and get rewarded for it.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise