For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 06 Sep 2016
Need to clean the car
Do you often have to think twice before offering a car ride because your car is always in a mess? If yes, you are not alone. Who doesn’t love riding in clean cars that smells like heaven? If you have pets or little kids, keeping your car clean might seem like an impossible task. You will be surprised to know that you can keep your car perpetually clean by following a few simple steps. All it takes is some time out from your busy schedule. Here are a few simple steps, which will have your car sparkly clean inside out.
Cleaning the exterior
It is important to keep the exterior of your car clean as it protects you from dirt and many other contaminants which are found outside. Wash your car at least once a week to maintain it in top condition. Here are a few simple tips that will ensure that you have a shiny car in no time.
- Wash the car in a shady spot. If you try washing the car in a sunny area, the water and soap will evaporate too soon and leave spots on the car.
- Use a soap that is specially designed for washing cars. Using harsh detergents and shampoos that are meant for human use might have an adverse effect on the car paint.
- Start to wash the car from the wheels and then move up to the body of the car. Use a scour brush to scrub the wheels thoroughly to remove deep settled dirt.
- Always use a soft washcloth or a sponge to wash the car.
- Wipe the glass on the windshield and the windows with crumpled newspaper for extra shine.
- Apply a coat of wax on your car from time to time. It is the best way to protect your car from the harsh elements of nature. Besides, waxing also makes your car look lustrous.
CLEANING THE INTERIOR
Keeping the exterior of your car clean is only half of the job. Follow these tips to make the interiors of your car feel fresh and inviting.
- Clear out all the littered trash regularly. If you have pets or small kids, you must ensure that your car is clean after each trip.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean the rubber mat, upholstery and under the seats. You can use the narrow attachment to remove dirt from tricky places.
- Take out the rubber mats when they become dirty and rinse them with soap water. However, you must make sure that they are completely dry before you put them back in the car.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe the dashboard, steering wheel and center console and the inside of the doors.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise