For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 18 Mar 2016
The Indian automotive sector is witnessing significant growth for several reasons. The rise of the upper middle-class and middle-income groups, along with easy availability of financial assistance have driven growth and sales in the sector.
The best-selling automobiles in India are popular because of their fuel efficiency, comfort, and maintenance costs. Here are the top choices among first-time car buyers in India:
1. Alto: It is among the top selling cars because it is priced affordably. In addition, it is drive-friendly and fuel efficient.
2. Volkswagen Polo: It is available in 10 versions and the latest model provides a stylish appearance with more features. Brand reputation lends the car status appeal.
3. Ford Figo: The Figo’s 1.2 liter engine with SEFI fuel system, promises performance and efficiency. Some of the features that make it popular include remote fuel filler opening, electric boot release, and tilt adjust steering.
4. Hyundai Santro: The car provides comfort with roomy interiors providing space and multi-utility. Moreover, the Santro offers plenty of boot space and is available with a company-fitted LPG kit.
5. Tata Indica Vista: Comes in TDi and Quadrajet 75 engine variants and is one of the most popular hatchback cars in India. Available as a diesel car, the Vista has a fuel tank capacity of 37 liters.
6. Hyundai i20: The 1.2 Kappa dual VTVT engine offers more mileage and greater performance. The interior offer a cozy and luxurious feeling, with versatile seating options.
7. Hyundai Eon: Fitted with the efficient iRDE technology for superior mileage. The intelligent design provides plenty of space for occupants, along with good boot space.
8. Hyundai i10: The i10 provides stylish interiors and exteriors, making it popular. The chrome grills offer powerful presence, with low emissions and better mileage.
9. Maruti Suzuki WagonR: Priced affordably, the WagonR is one of the fastest selling cars in the country. The smarter design, plush interiors, convenience, and fuel efficiency are factors that boost its sales.
10. Maruti Swift: The vehicle provides higher fuel efficiency, with an improved electronic control unit (ECU).
The list comprises 3 models each from Hyundai and Maruti, along with other manufacturers. All the models in the above list are priced between INR 3 lacs to INR 5.25 lacs. It is important for users to consider certain factors, such as family size, daily travel needs, maintenance costs, and personal preferences before buying a car.
While price is an important consideration, users should consider other factors including the features of each car, and the often neglected aspect of online car insurance India. When choosing a car, also figure out how your purchase will influence the costs of insurance. Don’t try to cut costs here. Always look for a reputable insurer like Royal Sundaram, as you can be sure that claims will be disbursed efficiently without any inconvenience, when the need arises. Royal Sundaram’s car insurance policies also offer several value additions like on-road assistance, in case your vehicle is badly damaged in an accident and needs to be towed to the workshop. Some policies also include free fuel emergency delivery.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise