For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 18 Jun 2015
Circa 2015 promises to be one awesome ride for auto lovers in India; given the sheer line-up of launches from auto stables across the country, it seems like India has finally arrived on the auto scene. From primed up versions of existing models, to bringing iconic cars to Indian roads, auto makers are gearing up for some serious competitions, leaving domestic auto enthusiasts, seriously spoilt for choice.
Some major launches to look forward this year are –
• The Ford Mustang – This one is for those who like some muscle in their cars. The iconic Mustang will be arriving in India in the later part of the year with independent rear suspension and a 4-cylinder turbocharged engine. It will be the first time that the Mustang will be available in India with an all-new right hand drive. The car will be available in 3 engine variants – a 2.3-litre EcoBoost, 4-cylinder (305bhp, 406Nm), a 3.7 V6 (300bhp, 365Nm) and a 5.0-litre V8 (420bhp, 528Nm) and available with Manual or Automatic Gears. The price is expected to be steep, but for true auto lovers, would not be a deterrent.
• The Volvo XC90 – The new generation XUV is expected to hit Indian markets in two variants – Inscription and Momentum, powered by a D5 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel motor, 228PS of max power and 470Nm of torque. The XUV also boasts of an 8-speed automatic gearbox. For the first time in Indian automobile history, Volvo would be offering a Bowers & Wilkins music system with air-ventilated sub woofers in the Inscription. The 7-seater Volvo XC90 is expected to offer stiff competition to the Audi Q7, BMW X5 and the Mercedes- Benz GL-Class.
• Maruti S-Cross – Another much anticipated SUV launch is the Maruti S-Cross crossover that aims to bridge the gap the popular Swift and the recently launched Ciaz. Another variant of this car, the XA Alpha is slate for launch in early 2016.
• Tata Kite – Coming from the Tata stable, the Kite will be launched in both hatchback and sedan versions and expected to replace the Indica and the Indigo eCS respectively. After the successful launch of the Tata Zest and the Tata Bolt, expectations are high from the Kite.
• The All New Honda Jazz – June 2015 will witness the comeback of the Jazz, after a 2-year exile given the poor sales in 2013. The Jazz will be available in two variants – a 1.2 i-VTEC petrol engine (87bhp, 110Nm) and 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel motor (100bhp, 200Nm). For those who love entertainment on the go, the new Jazz comprises a touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity.
• Tata NanoGenX 2015 Easy Shift – AMT – Touted as the cheapest automatic vehicle in India, the Tata NanoGenX 2015 Easy Shift – AMT is expected to be one of the best cars to offer an overall driving experience, in India, in its segment. The Nano GenX2015 is powered by a 624cc MPFI naturally aspirated petrol engine (37.5bhp, 51Nm) and uses a 2 cylinder motor. The car will also feature a creep function that enables better performance efficiency while braving city traffic.
Other launches to look forward are the Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV, the all-new Ford Ecosport, an all-new Maruti Swift Hybrid, an entry level Datsun from Nissan and the Renault XBA. While the temptation is strong and the choices are many, reflect on what you really need before making a choice. Do compare offers on all new launches from across dealers carefully and as always, remember to check with Royal Sundaram Car Insurance for better offers on your car insurance before signing one with your dealer!
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise