For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 05 Sep 2018
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, car insurance is mandatory in India. With the rise in the number of accidents, it is highly important to invest in a good car insurance policy that protects your vehicle against such situations. But, before you buy a car insurance policy, it is important for you to know about its inclusions and exclusions. And based on this information, you can select an add-on cover for your vehicle. One such add-on cover is the no claim bonus protector.
What is NCB protector?
NCB protector add-on is like a gift to the vehicle owner for making no claims in the previous years. The role of a NCB protector is to protect your earned NCB.
A NCB protector add-on cover proves to be very useful as it provides added financial protection during policy renewal. While purchasing it, ensure you look at the terms and conditions for the same.
What’s covered under NCB protector?
Here’re the things covered under NCB protector –
- * It protects your earned no-claim bonus
- * Your no-claim will not get affected for the first 2 claims during the policy period.
- * Policyholder will be eligible for the continuation of current slab of NCB on the policy renewal.
Few Important Things You Need to Know About NCB protector –
- * This cover cannot be offered for short period policies
- * On the death of the policyholder, this clause will continue to operate given the vehicle is transferred on the name of a person legally entitled to the
- * NCB will drop to 0% if you will make more than 2OD claims in a year
- * In case of theft of vehicle, you can transfer your NCB to a new vehicle, but make sure that the vehicle is purchased and insured within 90 days of the date of theft of the insured vehicle.
- * You need to make sure that your vehicle is repaired in a garage authorized by your insurance company.
What’s the cancellation clause?
Your NCB protection cover will be cancelled if –
- * You make any fraud OD claim
- * You make any wrong NCB claim, then you are not eligible for NCB
- * In case of concealment or fraud or misrepresentation of facts that result in leakage of premium
Henceforth, this add-on helps you to retain your discounts even if you tend to make some smaller claims as per the policy terms. Besides, if you want to buy NCB protector add on, then there’s no better option than Royal Sundaram.
Other Related Articles:
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise