For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 05 Jul 2017
The monsoon is upon us. Heavy rains, dangerous roads, and the risk of floods have become a commonality in India. The best we can do is take adequate protection for our precious cars.
A car insurance takes the cake when it comes to protection for your vehicle. However, why stop there? To ensure the best care for your car, you should add the engine protector add-on to your insurance plan.
It is an add-on cover designed to do one thing and that is to protect your engine. Be it driving through waterlogged roads where you are scared that your car’s engine gets choked or poor roads which can damage your engine, in such scenarios, the best care for your engine is the engine protector add-on in your car insurance policy.
Why should you choose it?
- It is the most important component of a vehicle
- Repairs will be quite expensive
- Time for repair can be long
How does it work?
An ideal engine protector add-on will cover the following scenarios:
- Engine and its internal parts
- Gear box and its internal parts
What occasions does the add-on come in need?
- Gearbox damage
- Water ingression
- Hydrostatic lock (Trying to start a moist engine, repeatedly)
What are you compensated for?
- The cost of repairs or replacement of the parts covered by the add-on
- The cost of labour involved with the repairs
- The cost of lubricants or consumables required to undertake the repairs
What is not covered?
- Damaged parts that are not covered
- Damage due to depreciation, wear or tear
- Product recall
- Aggravation of damage to vehicle due to delay in intimation to the insurance firm.
- Claim made after the vehicle is repaired for damages
We spend a lot of money on purchasing the right four-wheeler. Why not go a step further? Ensure the best protection by adding the engine protector add-on cover to your car insurance. After all, what is a car without its engine?
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise