For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 14 Oct 2011
Getting ready for Diwali and still looking for decoration ideas? Here are some innovative ideas that would help you in your Diwali decorations. Begin by cleaning your house. Make sure you clean one room a day, so that within a week your whole house is cleaned up without hurting your back. Now let’s start decorating.
- Have a colourful, medium to large Rangoli in the doorway of your house.
- Use different kinds of rangolis like wet-color, dry-color or floral designs.
- Make it brighter and more beautiful by placing earthen Diyas around them.
- If you have a garden, place earthen Diyas around your garden.
- Place candles and diyas on your exterior walls.
- Hang candle holders or lanterns in your garden and give an illusion of hanging lights.
- You can make your own candle holders by using waste cans wrapped with coloured paper.
- Use bandhanwars, a traditional Diwali decorative to adore your entrance doors.
- Also put up door hanging embellished with embroidery, mirrors, bells.
- Lift your entrance by hanging paper lanterns from the door arch.
- Also place earthen diyas on the floor and illuminate your facade.
- Hang a bell outside your door and let your guests have some fun. Let them ring it instead of the usual electric bell.
- Adore your living room with a large earthen or glass pot filled with water, floral petals and floating candles.
- Hang candle lights at different heights to add the ethnicity to your rooms.
- Use garlands to decorate the doors of your rooms.
- Use wall rugs and old colorful saris to decorate your walls rather than painting it.
- Change curtains and cushion covers with bright color materials.
- Give a colorful look to your homes by wrapping light bulbs with handmade color papers.
- Give a spiritual look with photos of gods and goddesses in your rooms.
- To add fragrance use incense sticks with nice aroma.
Diwali is a festival of lights; brighten your home with lights and joy. Give your best in decorating your home and fill the ecstasy of happiness into every one who visits your home.
Play safe with crackers and lights. Insure your home with Royal Sundaram Home Insurance Online.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise