For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 12 Sep 2019
Are you tired of showing your documents each time you are stopped by the traffic police? If yes, then don’t worry. You don’t have to show physical documents the next time somebody asks for it. Our government has made a platform for the online verification and issuance of documents. This platform is known as digi locker. You can easily upload your documents using this platform. Digi locker helps you to store important documents in digital format i.e., in cloud format. In simple terms, Digi locker is an online platform that helps you to issue, share, store, and verify certificates as well as documents in the digital form. This service is not just offered by the government, but also by banks and even private companies. So, if you are signing up for digi locker, then take a look at the step-by-step guide that will help you organize your important documents online with ease –
- Step 1 – First of all, visit the official website of Digilocker i.e., digilocker.gov.in and register yourself by creating a user ID and password.
- Step 2 – Once you have registered yourself, the next step is to enter your mobile number and aadhar card details in the space provided.
- Step 3 – After this, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter OTP and click on ‘verify’. Just after this step, your car document will be added to your account automatically.
- Step 4 – Afterwards, the next step is to upload documents like RC, DL, EC along with your driving license number. Instead of carrying so many papers with you, take the easiest and faster way through Digi Locker.
Here’re the few benefits you need to know about Digi Locker –
- Digi locker is very convenient and time saving.
- Documents can be accessed anywhere, anytime.
- The authenticity of the documents is maintained as documents can be issued directly by the registered issuers.
So that’s how one can store all their important documents online in Digi Locker.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise