For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 10 Jun 2018
To the man who’s our first superhero, a shoulder to cry on, a life-long support system – every gift is inadequate. It’s impossible to return the immense love, lessons and laughter that our fathers have showered in our lives, but sure can try. Now that Father’s Day is right around the corner, most people will be scrambling to get the best gift for their dads. Skip the usual perfumes and watches this year, and bring a smile on your father’s face with these thoughtful gifts:
- * The Gift of Time: Father’s Day is all about showing your main man how much you appreciate them in your life. The best way to do this is by spending some quality time together, without the distraction of technology. A vacation abroad or a trip in some gorgeous Indian locale seems like the ideal way to bond with your dad. It’ll give you both the time to reconnect, create some cherished memories and have a lot of fun along the way. Whether you choose Switzerland or Singapore for your travels, don’t forget to safeguard your trip with a travel insurance policy.
- * The Asset of Health: For every child, their parent’s aging is a cause of worry. You can ensure your father remains in the healthiest of spirits by gifting him a membership card for a fitness club. Be it a gym membership or subscription to a Zumba class – physical activity is a necessity. If he doesn’t already, ensure your father also has a robust health insurance policy to protect him from hospitalization costs.
- * The Moments of Laughter: With the responsibility of a child on them, parents often miss out on hanging out time with their friends. Surprise your dad by organizing a fun day out with his closest friends. Maybe a barbeque session by the beach, or a boy’s night at their favourite sports club – gift him a day free of worries and see the jubilant smile on his face.
- * The Power of Tech: Technology is advancing so fast, the older generation often feels lost in the pace. Keep your father up-to-date with tech trends by gifting him an electronic device he really needs. A smart watch or a Voice Assistant could be really helpful with his work, and also allow you both to bond over a new device.
- * The Tool of Style: Dads are infamous for having quite an outdated style – ‘dad shoes’ and ‘dad jeans’ are not just a category for nothing. Keep your old man rocking the latest fashion trends by giving him a stylish wardrobe makeover. You don’t have to do something super drastic like dumping all his clothes away. Just add a collection of wardrobe pieces in sync with your dad’s personality and fashion sense.
Every child sees a hero in their father – a role model and a constant ray of guidance. This Father’s day, make your hero feel like one.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise