For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 14 Jan 2019
2019 is finally here. This is the time when you should start thinking about the ways that can make you healthier and happier. There are several simple habits that we can inculcate in our daily routine to live a healthy life. These lifestyle changes will do wonders for your overall health and well-being. New Year resolution is a big decision as it is a promise that you make to yourself for the betterment of your life. So, here’re the following health resolutions that will help you lead a better 2019 –
- * Take proper sleep: It is important to take adequate sleep of around eight hours in a day for the betterment of your overall health. Lack of sleep can lead to many health problems such as weak immunity, weight gains, etc. Thus, it is advisable to take good sleep every day.
- * Avoid caffeinated drinks: Caffeine is not just about coffee intake but it also includes caffeinated beverages like soft drinks, cola, etc. Too much caffeine can create a lot of problems such as anxiety, insomnia, muscle breakdown, etc. Although, its sudden pause can lead to problems like dizziness, drowsiness, headache, etc. Therefore, it is advisable for you to reduce the habit of your caffeine intake by a glass or cup a day or over a week or two.
- * Do regular work outs: Many of you would have enrolled yourself at a gym or yoga class in the beginning of the year as a part of your new year resolution, but how many of you are actually following the same on a regular basis? Thus, instead of just enrolling yourself at the gym centers, you need to promise yourself that you will be regular at it. A good work out session will not just make you fit and healthy but can also lead to a happy and productive day at work.
- * Develop a habit of doing meditation: We are always worried about our physical health, but there’s one more important thing apart from health – the mind. A healthy mind makes a body healthy and thus, you must start meditating so as to ensure that your mind gets good rest. Meditation is an integral form of fueling your body to increase focus and create positive energy.
- * Drink a glass of water everyday: The first thing you should do every morning is to drink a glass of water. It will not just help in digestion, but will also enable you to lose extra kilos and make you feel active all day long. Thus, every morning, start off your day with a glass of water before having your morning tea or coffee.
- * Never avoid your breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal in a day and thus, you should never skip your breakfast. A healthy breakfast keeps you full and active all day. Healthy breakfast choices can be protein smoothie, sandwich, eggs, oatmeal, etc..
- * Manage your weight: Weight management is very important as it protects you from several health diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, and other health related problems. Therefore, in order to manage weight, you must focus on a regular physical exercise and healthy diet.
You May Also Read –
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise