For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 09 Sep 2020
‘Health is wealth’ could not have been more accurate, especially in the current situation. Not only is the world facing a pandemic, but many other health problems have cropped up over the last few years due to pollution and lifestyle choices. While advancement in medical technology has increased our life span, most treatments and medicines come at a hefty price. Having painted a grim picture, what may be a way to ensure your peace of mind is investing in a health insurance plan.
Why is health insurance necessary?
A health insurance plan provides coverage to the policyholder against medical bills in case of a health emergency. Depending on the policy, it may either provide reimbursement or cashless treatment at the hospital. You can invest in these policies by paying monthly premiums. Factors such as age, income, and medical history determine the premium amount, and the same elements are used to decide the final sum insured.
Most of you might worry about being able to afford the premium amount, especially if you have recently started working. The other thought that may play in your mind is that you do not need a health insurance plan because you are young and healthy. But it can be more cost-effective to invest in an individual health insurance plan early on in life, as the premium keeps increasing with your age. It is financially more viable to invest in health insurance policy even if you feel that you do not currently need it. It is because while medical insurance costs may seem like a frivolous expense, the absence of it can severely impact your savings during a medical emergency.
Finding suitable health insurance
Many affordable health insurance plans are available in the market, which could be useful for you. A misconception held by most is that plans with lower premium amounts do not provide ample benefits. What you need to be careful of is a health plan with low coverage. A health plan with low coverage will not be able to serve its purpose and may leave you with hospital bills despite having insurance. One of the best ways for reducing your premium amounts is to choose a basic plan and add the relevant riders that come at an extra cost.
Back in the day, most people bought health insurance via a sales representative. They used to mould the plans to your liking and lure you into buying them. While the plans may have suited your needs, there was no way to guarantee that the plan offered was the best in the market.
Fortunately, with more and more insurance companies operating their websites and ensuring transparency in their offerings, it has now become convenient to compare policies online and select the policy that suits you the best.
Royal Sundaram, too, offers many health insurance plans. Amongst the vast offerings, two plans that stand out for their holistic offerings and affordability are mentioned below.
What is Lifeline-Individual Health Insurance from Royal Sundaram?
- Lifeline Individual Health Insurance offers both individual plan and family floater plan.
- Provides 100% reload of the sum insured without any extra cost.
- Does not have a capping on the hospital room rent.
- In case no claims are made for five years, the sum insured is doubled.
- Covers the cost of Ayush treatment and vaccination in case of an animal bite.
What is the Arogya Sanjeevani Policy?
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy is a standardized health insurance plans, the terms of which are laid down by the IRDAI to be followed by all insurers equally.
- It is a standard health insurance policy for an individual or a family.
- The tenure of the policy is for one year.
- The sum insured ranges from ₹1 lakh to ₹5 lakhs, making it quite affordable.
- It covers costs for hospitalization, Ayush treatment, cataract treatment, and pre- and post-hospitalization.
- Covers the cost of the treatment up to 50% of the sum insured for certain modern treatments such as deep brain stimulation, robotic surgeries, stem cell therapy, etc.
Buying a health insurance plan that covers you and your family is an investment and not a ridiculous expense. Not only does it safeguard your savings in case of a medical emergency but also provides mental peace, at all times. The market offers many affordable health plans, making it imperative that you pay special attention to the coverage these plans offer while making your decision.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise