For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 19 Jan 2017
Food plays a key role in a person’s life. By altering food and eating habits after 30, you will be able to avert lifestyle related ailments, and stay fit.
At every age, there are different sources of nutrients that we require. For example, just like a child requires a protein and carbohydrates rich diet in his growing years, similarly, there are a few dietary changes that are necessary for one to follow as per their age.
Here are some of the diet tips that will help you remain fit and healthy post 30:
Moderate intake of outside food
- Outdoor activities such as meetings or tours may leave you with no option but to eat outside food.
- When eating outside, avoid junk food.
- Minimize the intake of processed food as it increases cholesterol.
Do moderate exercise
- Exercising will not only help you burn fat, but keep you active throughout the day
- Moderate exercise will keep you fit and healthy
- It will keep the problem of bulging belly after 30 at bay
Intake of carbohydrates is essential
- Many people completely remove carbohydrates from their diet for weight reduction; however, this can result in low intake of nutrients.
- Eat in small portions which is helpful for metabolism.
- Avoid eating refined foods, however, some amount of whole grains is important for the body’s overall nutrition.
Eat fresh and organic
- The best form of diet is to consume as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible.
- Avoid eating junk food or processed food which contains a good number of preservatives that disrupt one’s immunity.
- Have a balanced diet and add as many colourful natural foods to your plate. The more the number of colours in your everyday meals, the healthier you will be.
Consult a nutritionist
- One of the best ways to regulate your health is to consult a nutritionist.
- Since they hold expertise in this subject, they will carefully measure your weight, your body requirements and deficiencies and chalk out a plan that is tailor-made to suit you specifically. They track your health progress from time to time which keeps ailments at bay.
Fresh air is important
- If you have a habit of smoking, it is important to work upon it.
- Join a smoking cessation programme which can really help you put a full stop to smoking.
- Breathe in the fresh air early in the morning and keep your lungs healthy.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise