For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 11 Jul 2016
The season of monsoon is here to bring relief from the scorching heat of the sun. Light drizzles, cool breeze, and verdant green spreads are found everywhere as the season brings a change in the atmosphere.
While most of us are known to enjoy the bliss of monsoon showers, a few might worry about the health and safety concerns it raises.
Rains are known to make the climate pleasant, and at the same time proliferate the growth of bacteria, thereby causing diseases. The common victims are children and people with low immunity. So to cherish good health while enjoying the beauty of monsoon, here are some precautions to take while consuming food.
- Eat seasonal fruits to top-up your energy levels. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are the best fruits to enjoy during this season.
- Consume food that is low in sodium and salts as it helps in regulating blood pressure
- Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are best during the rains as they aid digestion.
- Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk.
- Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs, and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
- Have Herbal teas as it is good for digestion
- Warm soup made with seasonal vegetables will help you build immunity.
- Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi seeds help in preventing infections.
- Avoid naturally sour foods like tamarind, tomatoes and lime in the diet as it promotes water retention
- Avoid too much fish and meat this season and heavy curries.
- Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, lady finger, kidney beans and sprouted grains must be avoided
- Avoid eating fried items, pre-cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
- Avoid raw foods and salads as they may cause food infection or health problems such as jaundice, typhoid.
- Don’t opt for fizzy drinks as it reduces minerals in the body
Following these few tips for consuming the right food stuff will surely help you stay healthy during the rains. And to avoid any kind of financial setbacks due to uncalled illnesses, there is Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan.
So welcome monsoon the healthy way by eating good food and following certain precautionary measures.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise