For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 29 Oct 2009
It’s almost like our prayers have been answered. Health care has become cheaper! Yes, you heard it right. How, you ask? Simple, all you need to do is sign up for a Health Insurance policy. And in case you have any queries on how to go about the process, make the most of your policy, protect your savings or file a claim, read on….
* Prevention is better than cure – this may sound clichéd, but this is the only way to keep your medical expenses down over a period of time. So, go ahead do a reality check on your lifestyle – diet, exercise, sleeping habits etc. And there is no better time to start then right now.
* Research and compare – if your company does not provide you health insurance coverage, it is best to scout around for an individual health insurance policy. Once you research and compare you would realize there is a wide variety of coverage available at varying pricing.
* Evaluate suitability – If you are a generally healthy person with a healthy lifestyle and just want protection against major accidents, consider buying a Personal Accident Insurance. However, if you visit the doctor frequently, you should look at a health insurance policy seriously.
* Out of pocket payments and exclusions – Evaluate each plan’s coverage and features, taking into account exclusions and limitations. Also find out how much you’ll end up paying out of pocket in the form of deductibles.
* Check your medical bills – Once you avail treatment and make claims, check every itemized statement you receive from your hospital to make sure that the bill accurately reflects the treatment you received and applies all available insurance coverage.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise