For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 15 Mar 2010
Not all of us are endowed with a strong immune system. But, that, you can build and develop a strong defence system, without having to pop pills, is what probably you didn’t know. You can support your body and help strengthen it naturally – without actually going out of your way and doing anything extra!! Just a dedicated approach to a simple lifestyle and some routine habits can do the trick. Here are some cues.
Get your daily dose of Vitamins
- Vitamin is a great natural immunity booster. It increases the production of infection-fighting white blood cells and antibodies and increases levels of interferon, the antibody that coats cell surfaces, preventing the entry of viruses.
- Vitamin C reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease by raising levels of HDL (good) cholesterol while lowering blood pressure.
- A daily dose of 200 milligrams of Vitamin C is more than sufficient which can be obtained through natural sources like fruits and vegetables.
- Vitamin D is needed by the immune system but it can be hard to get from most foods. Vitamin D is commonly known as the sunshine vitamin because the body can synthesize it in the presence of sunlight.
- Vitamin E stimulates the production of natural killer cells, those that seek out and destroy germs and cancer cells. Vitamin E enhances the production of B-cells, the immune cells that produce antibodies that destroy bacteria.
- A diet rich in seeds, vegetable oils, and grains ensures at least 30 to 60 milligrams of Vitamin E Other good source of Vitamin E include almonds, broccoli mustard greens, olives, papaya, sunflower seeds, turnip greens
- Vegetables which are yellow, orange, or red in color are rich in carotenes, such as beta-carotene. Beta carotene increases the number of infection-fighting cells.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise