For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 28 Jan 2011
Whether you eat to live or live to eat, food is the fuel for the human body and the nutrients from the food we eat ultimately become the building blocks of your body. So make a better choice of what you eat. Read on to know all about healthy fruits, veggies, nuts and oils which your body will love.
- Cauliflower and Cabbage – These vegetables are filled with anti-aging and anti-cancer properties and are rich in Vitamins B, C and Folic Acid.
- Spinach – High in iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, Vitamins A, B, C, E and K. Did we mention iron? ALL green leafy vegetables ARE good for you.
- Carrot – It’s a rich source of Vitamin A, plus a little of Vitamins B, C and K. Eating it regularly is good for your eyes.
- Beans – Soybean, lentils, peas – these are rich source of proteins, among vegetables. They also contain a host of vitamins and minerals, making it an extremely healthy option!
- Apple – “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” is not just a phrase, but a fact. It keeps cholesterol in check, reducing the risk of heart diseases, stroke and even cancer. Apple also prevents dementia (forgetfulness with old age).
- Banana – Rich in fibre and potassium, this delicious fruit lowers the risk of high BP, and few cancers. It contributes towards the maintaining the balance of electrolytes in the body.
- Citrus Fruits – Citrus fruits are rich in Vitamin C, fibres, and anti-oxidants. They are considered the best food for better skin. It also works as a mood enhancer.
- Kiwi Fruit – It’s a rich source of Vitamin C and Omega-3 Fatty Acids (which helps keep the cholesterol in check). It prevents blood from clotting, naturally.
- Walnuts – Walnut is a rich source of ‘good fat’, which reduce the bad cholesterol. According to traditional Chinese medicine, it is good for kidneys, and strengthens the back and knees.
- Almonds – Almond contains Omega-9-Fatty Acid, which helps lower cholesterol. Experts believe it can be used as a substitute for olive oil. The oil is good for skin too, which you can apply externally.
- Cashew nut – Cashew nut contains much lower fat, compared to other nuts. It contains the same good fat, which is found in olive oil. Cashew nut oil is known for its anti-fungal properties.
Oils are used for cooking. You can benefit by using healthier oils.
- Olive Oil – It contains the maximum number of monosaturated oils (good fat) known. Thus, it’s good for your heart. It also exhibits antihypertensive and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Canola Oil – It is another heart-healthy oil which has the beneficial omega-3 fatty acid. It does not contain any saturated fat, thus, can’t cause heart diseases.
- Groundnut Oil – Groundnut Oil nutritionally has lower benefits. But it is considered to be the best oil for frying, since it has a high smoke temperature.
This was a small list of healthy food you should include in your diet. So, next time you go grocery shopping, make a smart choice and pick a bottle of oil recommended above. When it comes to nuts, fruits and vegetables, the ones in this list are just marginally more beneficial, so don’t restrict your choice, just eat. Love food which even your body will love!
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise