For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 17 Sep 2020
Health insurance is an excellent way to achieve financial security for your medical expenses. The Arogya Sanjeevani Policy by Royal Sundaram is a standard health insurance coverage. Mandated by the Insurance Regulatory Authority of India (IRDAI), it covers you and your family. The low premiums and attractive features make it an ideal health insurance plan for many.
Health insurance coverage in India has traditionally been low. The complexity of the covers and unaffordable premiums are two primary reasons why there are very few takers for health insurance policies. This prompted the government to design Arogya Sanjeevani, a simple and affordable health insurance product with basic features. Unlike other health covers, Arogya Sanjeevani does not have any add-ons or complicated terms. With its motto of “Health Insurance for All”, the policy is expected to increase the popularity and adoption of health insurance across India, especially the Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
If you are considering the Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance, knowing its benefits and even the limitations can help you make a confident decision about buying it. Let us have a look at the pros and cons of the Arogya Sanjeevani Policy from Royal Sundaram.
Arogya Sanjeevani Benefits
- Clarity: Arogya Sanjeevani is a health insurance policy with standard features and uniform coverage. Available in both individual and family floater alternatives, the policy aims to make health insurance less complicated. There are a fixed set of terms and conditions in Arogya Sanjeevani, which clearly state what treatments are included. With such clarity, you will never have confusion when it comes to making claims.
- Affordability: If affordability matters to you, Arogya Sanjeevani might be a good option. It provides limited coverage of ₹1-5 lakhs per year at affordable premiums. The premiums for Arogya Sanjeevani by Royal Sundaram start from just ₹7 per day. Thus, it is a reasonably-priced policy that makes quality healthcare accessible. Your finances will never prevent you from getting good medical facilities and timely medical attention again.
- Comprehensive Coverage: One of the most significant benefits of Arogya Sanjeevani is its wide coverage. It covers hospitalisation expenses like ICU charges and room rent. Many advanced treatments are also included under the policy. If you want an alternative mode of treatment under AYUSH, you can do so with Arogya Sanjeevani. Even cataract surgeries are an inclusion, and you can make a claim for them. Lastly, the health policy also covers your pre and post-hospitalisation expenses. From 30 days before hospitalisation to 60 days after discharge, you can benefit from Arogya Sanjeevani.
- A standard, yet comprehensive health insurance product, it can provide financial protection from several types of medical expenses. Another holistic life insurance plan from Royal Sundaram is Lifeline Health Insurance plan.
- Flexibility and Renewability: One distinct benefit that Arogya Sanjeevani brings is flexibility. When affordable premiums combine with flexible instalments, it makes the policy very appealing. As a term-based policy, Arogya Sanjeevani has a validity of one year. After the term is over, either you can continue with the insurance for the next year, or you may avoid renewing it. Besides, the policy provides coverage for many types of family relations. For example, Arogya Sanjeevani allows you to extend the coverage to your in-laws as well. So, as your family grows, the policy can also grow.
- No-Claim Bonus: If you do not make a claim under Arogya Sanjeevani throughout the year, you can enjoy a no-claim bonus of 5 per cent per. It is an incentive that will help you get a discount of 5 per cent when you renew your policy in the subsequent year. The bonus can also accumulate over multiple years and result in up to 50 per cent discount on your premiums, as long as you don’t make any claims.
Arogya Sanjeevani Exclusions and Limitations
Just like any other health cover, Arogya Sanjeevani also has certain exclusions and limitations. However, these limitations have also been crafted with care to ensure that the health policy continues to serve its purpose while preventing misuse. Compared to other health insurance products in the market today, the limitations in Arogya Sanjeevani are nominal. Cosmetic procedures and diagnostics are excluded to make sure that the insurance is only covering you against necessary treatments. The waiting periods, sub-limits and caps on claims amounts under Arogya Sanjeevani are unambiguous and stated in clear terms. Although there are waiting periods for some pre-existing conditions, the policy covers it all after 24 months or 48 months.
For more details, kindly refer the policy documents for a list of all inclusions and exclusions.
Once you weigh the pros and cons of Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance, you can have a better idea about its suitability. The value of health insurance is continually growing as healthcare expenses rise. Prevent medical bills from becoming a burden and enjoy peace of mind with affordable health insurance coverage.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise