For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 09 Nov 2011
No one can ask God for a better time to be with the family than this current season of monsoon. With the chillness of the weather and heavens pouring out rain in most parts of the country, this time of the year is one of the best periods of joy and happiness for the entire family. But this season can be best enjoyed if dealt with little caution.
Research says that during monsoon season, many people fall sick with waterborne diseases like malaria, jaundice, cholera, dysentery, leptospirosis, gastroenteritis, dengue etc. A little bit of care can help us prevent these diseases and keep us healthy.
Here are few suggestions to help you safeguard yourself and your family.
- Encourage your children not to eat outside especially pre-cut salads and chats, as these foods are more prone to food and water contamination.
- Have fruits and vegetables thoroughly washed before you serve them to your family members.
- Do not let water to stagnate near your house and become a breeding place for mosquitoes. Clear them as frequently as possible. Spraying some oil or bleach in water will also help in stopping the growth of larvae.
- Apply anti-insect or mosquito repellant as needed, especially when you are commuting through public transportation.
- Avoid food prepared days before; rather stress on fresh cooked food as food can be easily contaminated due to humid conditions.
- Instruct your family members to keep themselves as dry as possible. A dry body is always less prone to infections.
- Consult your doctor immediately if any sign of fever or sickness springs up.
- Restrain from over eating. Your stomach digests food slowly during monsoon.
Have a healthy month and also have in mind the extra health protection you can get through Royal Sundaram Health Insurance.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise