For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 27 Mar 2012
Summer time brings a lot of new venues and changes in our life for so many reasons. Are you ready to make that house-shifting drill? When you’ve taken that big decision to move to a new home, there are a million things to take care of and sort out. And to add to it, the hot and humid summer days make them all the more tough and trying.
Here’s a list of things you got check first hand before you move into your new home.
- Paint your new home in white, beige or light shades that best compliments your furniture and summer as well. Its lot easier to work on the empty rooms. Allow enough time for the paint to dry up, before you move in.
- At the least you can do the major patching, priming, trim work, and base coats before adding another wall color at a later date. Don’t do double chores in summer.
- Install crown molding around the house before painting the interior walls. Ensure to prime and pre-paint the strips of molding before installation.
- Re-key your new home. Get new locks or re-key the existing locks. Why? You’ll never know who else already has the keys to your new home. The previous owners could have given their spare keys to neighbors, caretakers and so on while they were on a summer vacation.
- This summer, add value and utility to your new home with an organized, well-fitted closet system. Plan ahead by measuring your new home before you move in.
- Upgrade and check electrical outlets in your new home, during summer to avoid short circuits in rainy days. Decide whether you might want better work light in your kitchen or reading spotlights over your bed and work on them.
- Carpeted floors aren’t for summer. If you want to replace flooring in your new home, make arrangements to install them a day or two before you move in. Cover the new flooring with mats, tarps, or area rugs so the movers don’t track in dirt or scratch the wood.
Done with the checklist? It’s not over yet. Protect your home with Royal Sundaram Home Insurance. And then you’re all set to move into your new home.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise