For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 09 Dec 2016
Keeping your home clean is a top priority when it comes to household chores. In order to keep it away from any kind of external agents, it is very important to ensure the right hygiene levels. Besides, a clean home is great for a positive and fresh environment. In the process of trying to sparkle all the corners of the house, we end up spending more than necessary.
To keep your clean home, there are several professional services available, and to protect it from the impact of untowardly incidents or events, a home insurance policy is recommended. Cleaning your home is not an expensive affair and it can be done without shelling out money from your pocket. Here are some of the cost-effective ways to clean your home:
Knobs and handles
- The knobs and handles of our doors are touched by so many people in a day. This is where many germs are collected.
- Therefore, it is very important to clean these on a routinely basis.
- All you need is a wipe soaked in any disinfectant.
- Use it on the knobs, handles, drawer pulls, dressers, light switch plates, etc.
- These need a regular cleaning because we spend a lot of time standing in front of the mirrors.
- Instead of stepping out to purchase a separate mirror-cleaning solution, simply use a wipe along with vinegar and water in a 50/50 proportion.
- Your mirror will not only look clear of all the stains but sparkly too.
- If you have rugs or carpets in the living room, it is not necessary for you to use vacuum cleaner for cleaning.
- You can use one of those nylon-bristled broomsticks to clean it.
- Instead of plugging a machine to clear your carpet, it is better to sweep it; it is as effective as using a vacuum cleaner.
- Don’t worry about the bristles of the broomstick because they will not break.
- Using strong solution agents may lead to degradation of the tiles.
- Most of us mop the tile floor every single day with an ordinary disinfectant. However, the hygiene of tiles needs more cleaning than just the routinely one.
- Ensure that you clean it with warm water once a week. This will really help in keeping the tiles not just germ-free but also spotless and shiny.
- Nothing works better than warm water and a kitchen detergent to keep windows at home clean.
- You don’t have to purchase a particular cleansing solution for cleaning Windows.
- After washing your windows with the home solution, wipe it with a dry microfiber cloth.
- Your windows will look unblemished once again with this process.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise