For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 09 Dec 2016
Being a homeowner is a dream come true for many. However, being a homeowner is not only about relaxing and merry making. It takes quite a lot of commitment and maintenance to keep your home in the top condition. Fortunately, for protecting your precious home against any kind of unexpected damage, a home insurance policy is made available.
At home, several concerns with respect to gadgets, plumbing, apparels, and other structural entities may arise. At times, when you finally fix something, another thing starts to go out of order. While calling a professional is also an option, they charge hefty fees and may not always do a good job.
Unless it’s something major, you can always rely on these DIY tips, to fix common problems that occur at your home.
- Leaking faucets are relentless and irksome. However, this is an insignificant problem that can be dealt without calling a plumber.
- Leaky faucets are usually caused due to faulty washers.
- Shut off the water supply and take out the screw that holds the washer. Replace the old washer with a new one and the leak will stop immediately.
- Clogged sink a very common problem in households. If the water in your sink refuses to drain, you need not call a plumber.
- You will require a plunger to solve the problem.
- Submerge the plunger into the sink drain and give it 8-10 good downward thrusts.
- Most of the clogs clear up with plungers and water begins to flow freely.
Leaking washing machine
- Most of the washing machines often develop this problem after a few years. However, this is a very simple problem to fix.
- Most leaks develop due to a crack in the rubber seals of the machine.
- Check the water hoses connected to the back of the machine.
- If you find a crack, turn off the water supply and replace the faulty hose.
- You can buy a new hose at any of the hardware stores by mentioning the model number of your machine.
Squeaky and sticky doors
- Creaky, stiff and sticky doors are a very annoying problem. However, this problem can be fixed easily without calling a carpenter.
- If your door is squeaking, every time you move it, just spray on some lubricant such as WD 40 that is easily available at hardware stores.
- If you are looking for a quick fix, then rub some petroleum jelly on the hinges.
Stuck sliding windows
- If you have sliding windows at your home, this might be a common occurrence. The good news is that you need not call the maintenance guy every time you have a problem like this.
- Buy a silicone lubricant spray from the hardware store.
- Once you have the lubricant, spray it on a small piece of cloth and rub along the window tracks and your windows will start sliding smoothly once again.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise