For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 09 Dec 2016
Home is undoubtedly the most precious asset for every individual. However, most people take the safety of their homes for granted. No matter how many measures you might take to secure your home, certain risks will continue to exist. Buying a home insurance policy is the only way you can eliminate every risk of damage to your home.
Home Insurance and its need
- A home insurance policy shields you from the financial losses that could arise from any damage caused to your home building.
- By purchasing home building insurance, you can obtain coverage against losses for a fraction of the actual cost of rebuilding and repairing.
However there are numerous home insurance policies available in the market, hence choosing the right one can seem like a daunting task. If you want to end up with the best home insurance policy, make sure you do these five things before buying home insurance.
Undertake a thorough comparison of different home insurance policies
Buying home insurance is serious business as your home is one of your most valuable assets.
- If you do not research, you might end up with a substandard policy.
- Therefore, you must compare the features and benefits of different home insurance policies.
- Compare at least three insurance quotes before making the final decision.
Get your home financially evaluated
Buying a home insurance policy that does not provide adequate coverage is a waste of money.
- To ensure that a home insurance policy is worthwhile you must estimate the amount of coverage required.
- Hire professional valuation experts to estimate the exact value of your home and buy coverage accordingly.
Do a thorough research of the risk factors to your home
Before buying a home insurance policy, you must be aware of all the risk factors that can cause damage to your home.
- Once you have identified the risks pertaining to your locality, make sure the insurance policy covers all the risks.
Utilise the things that can save you money
By taking certain measures to protect your home, you can save up on your home insurance premium considerably.
- Since insurance is based on the principle of risk, all measures taken to make your home more secure will reduce the policy premium.
Read the policy document carefully
A home insurance policy is a legal contract, therefore you must make sure you are aware of its terms and conditions.
- Hence, understand the contents of the policy before signing the dotted line.
- If you have any doubts, clarify those points with a customer support team from the insurance company.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise