For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 15 Mar 2010
Every home has a distinctive smell. Some smell of fresh fruits or baked bread, some of vanilla, while some others have the fragrance of incense sticks lingering in the air. While these smells can make the home inviting, stale and pungent air can be absolute turn-offs – even if you have the most classy décor and sophisticated furniture. So, it is important you ward off unpleasant smells and keep bad odour away. Aromatherapy is a great way to keep your home smelling good as also creating a healthier home.
Aromatherapy uses essential oils extracted from fragrant plants to promote well-being and affect the mood of an individual. It is also known to have a calming effect. Many oils also have anti-bacterial properties.
Here’s how you can keep your home smelling fresh right from the beginning to the end of the year– with aromatherapy.
- A few drops of tea oil can disinfect the air inside your house
- Add a few drops of jasmine or chamomile oil to water in a spray bottle and spray this onto your pillow and sheets to sleep peacefully in the night.
- Cotton balls with drops of lavender oil kept in your wardrobes will keep the moths away and keep your clothes smelling good.
- Adding diluted lavender oil (5 drops in 1 tablespoon of olive or almond or coconut oil) to your bath water helps you to relax and sleep better.
- To get the cooking odour out of your kitchen, add a few drops of rosemary, lemon, eucalyptus, lime and lavender oils in water. Spray the mix in your kitchen to drive away the smell and clear the air. And lo! You have fresh, wonderful smelling kitchen
- Essential oils are great cleaning agents too. To wipe down kitchen and bathroom surfaces use a mixture of water and lemon, thyme, cypress or lavender. And the result is a sparkling clean, fresh smelling room!
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise