For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 23 Apr 2010
Here are some ideas that could ease your strain in keeping your space clean and neat:
1. Potty training your pet is a must. The more effort you put into it, the easier it is to maintain and keep your surroundings clean.
2. Don’t allow your pet in the carpeted areas as carpets absorb pet odours easily. In case of an accidental mess, do not delay clearing it up as it is impossible to clean up the stubborn stains.
3. Never use ammonia-based cleaners on dog messes as they smell like urine.
4. It is imperative that your home is well ventilated to drive out any odour and let in fresh air.
5. Restrict access to your bedroom to create an allergy-free environment. This will also reduce the need to vacuum frequently.
6. Keep an old towel near the door for your pet’s use and teach them to dry and clean the mud off their feet.
7. Even if you are keeping your pets away from the sofas, pet hair and dander will inevitably settle on your furniture. Using light, washable slip covers will allow for frequent washings and protect the sofa underneath. Also, the slip cover usually discourages your cat from using the sofa as a scratching post.
8. Thoroughly vacuum the house regularly to rid of the pet hair. Use vacuums that have high efficiency filters that will help to clean the air in your home.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise