For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 02 Sep 2011
With the increasing occurrences of natural disasters and with theft becoming a frequent incident, it has become highly imperative for us to safeguard our home and our precious valuables.
In such times of crisis having a home insurance always helps. But how insurance can be of help in these times?
Protection against Natural Disaster
In troubled times such as disasters, home insurance can help you recover and regain your original position quickly.
The following are some of the points to be noted for home insurance:
- A home insurance covers reconstruction cost in the event of any damage. So, insure your home for the right amount. Also keep in mind the forthcoming increase in construction cost also.
- Never underestimate the value of your house; otherwise there is a possibility of not getting the right reconstruction cost.
- Insurance normally covers buildings made of cement, brick and stones and not any temporary/non standard construction. So, have this in mind while you plan for insurance.
- If you insure your home contents, furniture, appliances; you will get covered upto an amount to get replacement, subject to some reduction towards depreciation.
Protection against burglary
In case if your precious articles are stolen, you can always avail compensation for it with Home Content insurance policy. This gives you peace of mind.
Here are some of the things that you need to know regarding this policy.
You can cover following articles under this policy
Clothing, bed linen, curtains, utensils, crockery and Furniture and Fixtures, appliances like mixers, grinders, Television, Air conditioner, Personal Computers
Jewellery and valuables, Household generators.
Important points to note when buying insurance for your Home Contents:
- Never underestimate or overvalue your possession.
- Never be choosy in declaring insurable items as selection is not permitted by Insurer
- Also you can choose between two options – You give an elaborate list of items to be covered giving all required details with respective sum insured required or a package insurance offered by Insurer who specifies the sum insured and a limit per item.
- To get continuous coverage make sure you renew your policy every year on time.
So, if you are constructing a new house or buying some treasured articles to your home never forge to have a home insurance.
You can learn more about Royal Sundaram Home Insurance by clicking on this link.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise