For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 15 Nov 2016
Modern homes are characterized by its minimalist designs and open spaces. By making some smart choices with furnishings and home décor, any living space can be transformed into a contemporary home.
You need not have sprawling apartment to make it look classy and spacious. With some amount of planning and the right furniture, even a small room can appear much larger and stylish. Every item you purchase for your home has to be in sync with the each other or else your home might look cluttered.
If you want to create a modern lair for yourself, you need to make home décor choices carefully. Here are some essential items that will transform your home into a contemporary living space.
A bold piece of artwork
- If you have any wooden plaques or cheap frames stuck on your wall, you would need to take them down.
- Once you have a clean wall, hang a bold painting or decoration as the focal point on the wall.
- Plain walls with a bold design as a focal point look extremely classy and elegant as opposed to cluttered walls.
A Beautiful light fixture
- Lights are the secret weapon that makes your home look warm and inviting.
- Shop for a statement light fixtures in beautiful designs and keep one in each room.
- A beautiful light fixture works wonders for the home ambiance.
A Plush Rug
- Many people are averse to the idea of spending on something to walk on. However, a beautiful rug will add a touch of elegance and luxury to your modern home.
- A rug of neutral or contrasting colors will brighten up the ambiance of any room.
- Modern home is all about warmth and comfort.
- Cushions make the seating spaces look more welcoming and cozy. Add bright colored cushions to couches and beds to jazz up the look. Use luxurious fabrics such as velvet, if you prefer a more luxurious look.
Add a Large Mirror
- A large mirror can make your room appear more spacious and open.
- Place the mirror opposite a window, so that it can reflect more light and brighten up your room naturally.
- A touch of green will make your home look fresh.
- Choose a leafy indoor plant which is planted in an elegant pot with clean and sleek designs.
- You can place the plants in the living room, bedroom and even in the kitchen.
While home decorations can certainly make your home look contemporary and luxuriant, home décor items do not come cheap. Hence, it is always advisable to have them covered under home insurance to ensure that you do not have to face any losses.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise