For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 29 Oct 2018
Home is where the heart is. It’s the only place in the world where we feel safe and comfortable. In fact, all of us desire for our home to be a better place and thus, we install the best security measures to protect our abode, such as fire extinguishers, high-end locks, etc. Although, despite the best security tools we use, the risk of damage or theft can never be eliminated. This is where insurance comes into picture to provide comprehensive home protection to your house and valuable items in it.
Insuring your house is a smart and safe choice. Also, it is most important to read and understand the coverage under home insurance as this will avoid any sort of future conflict between you and your insurance company.
Therefore, to ensure that your house is facilitated with the required protection, you must check for a list of coverage offered by your insurance company. A good home insurance policy must cover the following things –
- It should provide coverage against theft, burglary, and third-party liability
- It should provide coverage for your personal belongings as well as household articles such as valuables, jewelry, appliances, etc.
- It includes repairs and restoration costs to the property.
- It provides coverage against storm, lightening, hurricane, fire or other disasters.
- It provides coverage for the structure of your building/flat which includes separate structures like tool shed, compound wall, garage, etc.
There are basically two coverage sections. 1. Building cover and 2. Home content, lets take a look –
- It offers coverage on the basis of sum insured restoration value of your house
- Compound wall and landscaping
- Damage to the windows and doors
- Fire and allied perils
- Escalation benefit of building insured values, if opted
It protects the items inside your house.
- Electronic appliances
- Household furniture’s
- Mobile phone and laptop
Home insurance is not something we think of everyday. But, if you are buying it for the first time, then ensure that you have looked through the coverage carefully. This above mentioned coverage and many additional features are offered by Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise