For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 09 Dec 2019
- Do thorough research – This is the first and foremost thing you need to do before traveling. You should do proper research about your destination. Things like where to eat, city’s best travel places, accommodation, weather condition, local dialect, etc. It only takes a moment to google everything about your destination and it will help you plan your travel with ease.
- Keep your documents in place – Remember, there’s nothing worse than losing your documents in case of an emergency. Therefore, it is important to keep your documents handy. Make sure that you bring your passport, ID card, insurance along with you. Also, carry a printed copy of your documents or scan your document and save the copy of it in your phone or anywhere else from where you can access it.
- Carry the necessary items – You should always carry the essentials such as your cell phone’s charger, extra set of clothes, medicines, etc.
- Get yourself insured – You should consider buying a travel insurance policy before going a trip. As the policy will protect you and your family against unexpected expenses that may arise in case of any unfortunate event.
- Cut down on unnecessary expenses — Always spend your money wisely. Do not waste money on unnecessary expenses. Make use of public transport and avoid dining at luxurious restaurants or cafes as this will help you save a lot.
- Plan your travel in advance – There’s no good way to get cheaper flight tickets than booking your flights in advance. Thus, it is advisable to make flight ticket booking in advance as booking flights early will help you reduce on cost.
- Keep your money separate – In a different city or country, there are chances of theft, wallet snatching, especially if you are a tourist. Therefore, you must keep your money separate in different areas of your bag.
- Choose the right season to go – If you are planning to go somewhere, then it’s apt to choose the right season. Avoid going in rainy seasons or when it’s too hot.
- Pack your stuff appropriately – Packing your bag becomes a challenge when you are going on a long trip. Thus, pack light as much as you can rather than carrying a heavy suitcase around.
- Check the reviews – Before going on a trip, do check the reviews of the hotel where you are planning to stay. This will help you find the best hotel for your trip.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise