For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 04 Jun 2012
Preparing for a journey is as much fun as heading off for one. For a general traveller preparing for a trip includes ticket bookings, hotel reservation, packing etc. But many skip the most important part of travel preparations, travel insurance. Travelling can pose a number of emergency situations before you, which you may not be equipped to deal with. Travel insurance guarantees protection against the various odds you can run into on a trip. Below are 10 reasons why travel insurance is not an additional expense but as important as booking tickets –
1. A trip abroad is clubbed together with joy and change. Change in weather & food may end up in health issues requiring hospitalisation. Travel Insurace covers cost of hospitalisation.
2. Dental problem may even aggrevate to an emergency situation. Travel Insurance covers cost incurred in such situation
3. Trip delay and trip cancellation are always anticipated part in any travel abroad. Such inconveniences are covered by a specified amount by travel insurance.
4. Loss of checked baggage can spoil the mood of your entire trip. A travel insurance policy covers for cost incurred in buying basic clothing and toiletries in case of baggage delay.
5. In the hustle-bustle of the journey it is possible that you lose your travel documents or passport. This can land you into serious trouble. Travel insurance provides assistance in such conditions and reimburses the cost of making new documents.
6. Travel insurance covers emergency and essential treatments in hospital
7. Travel insurance provides complete assistance in case of any medical emergencies abroad.
8. Many a times due to a medical emergency you could need to be transported back to your home land. Insurance covers cost for medically necessary transportation to your home land.
9. There might be certain situation that as per Law of foreign country, you might get involved in a Legal liability. Travel Insurance provides cover for the same.
10. Travel insurance also offers accident cover which leads death or disability.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise