For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 08 Apr 2014
We all feel happy when we read about technological advancements and fast-paced growth. But at what cost are these developments taking place? Our environment is continuously deteriorating at the hands of our indulgent lifestyles. There is a dire need to focus on making locales, cities and countries increasingly eco-friendly. Enjoying nature and maintaining the ecological balance are essential. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to holiday in such places? After all, this is the least we can do to encourage regions to take initiatives to be eco-friendly.
- Jungle Bay Resort, Dominica: If you are keen on nature based activities, this is a perfect holiday destination. Dominica is located on a lush island that has beautiful flora and fauna. The rivers, lakes and hot sulfur springs give the island a pristine aura. Enjoy trekking, snorkeling and kayaking. The morning yoga and daily spa treatments will surely rejuvenate you. Enjoy the delicious organic meals and fresh tropical juices.
- Bulungula Backpackers, Dwesa Nature Reserve, South Africa: Solar and wind energy has been used to power everything at these quaint accommodations. Water is in abundance with rainwater harvesting. Wake up in the morning to the sun rising over the undulating hills. Spend the day watching unfenced animals frolicking by. Don’t miss a visit to Nelson Mandela’s childhood home and resting place.
- Nihiwatu Resort and Spa, Indonesia: Get away from the maddening crowd of the city to this isolated destination that has many adventures packed just for you. Soak in the sun at the exclusive beach, trek through the rice terraces and enjoy the scenic views of dense tropical forests. Enjoy an exotic cocktail at the cliff-top bar and indulge yourself with traditional spa and beauty treatments.
- DDG Retreat, Spain: This destination is not all about privacy and luxury. Get the best of scenic beauty, clean air and fresh food. The accommodations are located in the woodlands and each one has a unique design according to the landscape. Begin your day with a swim at the pool that looks over lush foliage and hills. Spend the day admiring the many colors of nature, with exotic flowers, birds and lush terrain surrounding you. This resort is perfect if you’re looking for a romantic getaway.
- Chole Mjini, Chole Island, Mafia Archipelago, Tanzania: Relive your childhood by staying in a tree house! Of course, these accommodations are stylish and have all the luxuries you could ask for, while still giving you utmost privacy. Enjoy the ocean and sand. Go snorkeling to view unique underwater creatures and plan excursions to marvel at the exotic flora and fauna. All profits from this lodge are used for the development of local eco-projects. So, you will be contributing to the environment even while thoroughly enjoying yourself.
Earth is the only planet where life is known to exist. It is time we become eco-friendly to save our planet and make it a better place to live in.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise