For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 15 Mar 2010
Everybody likes traveling. However, most people do not believe in buying travel insurance. They think it is a waste paying for something that isn’t going to happen. But mishaps can occur to anyone and it is always safe to be prepared than to wait for untoward incidents. It is very important to buy a suitable travel insurance plan, which will cover your financial losses due to tour cancellation or lost baggage.
Before purchasing a travel insurance, you should check whether or not your existing policies provide coverage for financial losses abroad. Your medical insurance policy may cover your treatments when you’re traveling abroad. It’ll help you to avoid purchasing overlapping coverage.
Here is some tips that will help you to buy an insurance policy as per your requirements.
- Compare rates offered by different companies: It is advisable that you compare policies from different companies to find out the best plan. It will help you to choose a policy that offers best coverage at an affordable rate.
- Don’t Purchase policy through third party insurer: Your tour operators and travel agents may sell travel insurance policies, but it is always better to purchase insurance from an established insurance company.
- Try to maximize coverage: You can maximize your coverage if you purchase insurance policy at least 2 weeks before your trip.
- Look for 24 hour assistance: Before purchasing a policy, make sute that the company offers 24-hour assistance. It will help you to contact your insurance provider in emergency situations.
- Check out which activities are covered: It is quite important to check out which activities are covered under your travel insurance policy, especially if you’re interested in adventurous activities like sky diving.
- Consider extra coverage option: Purchase extra coverage for your expensive items such as, jewelry, laptop, sports equipments, etc. to insure those items.
- Make sure you ask the right questions: Ask right questions while shopping for a travel insurance policy. Make sure you ask about the coverage and type of assistance the company will offer in case of medical emergency or some serious problem.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise