For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 06 Dec 2018
Travelling is a whole lot more fun if you pack light. By easing up on your luggage space, you free up your precious travelling time from stress, effort and exhaustion. After all, who wants to lug around multiple bags across borders? That said, not everyone is blessed with the gift of light packing. Lucky for you, we are here to guide you through travel light tips. Here are our best hacks to travel light and easy:
- Layer it up: Wear clothes in layers while travelling. If you’re flying or going by road, its best to layer yourself up with bulky outerwear like jackets or coats. This way you can free up space in your bags.
- Use pockets to your advantage: While travelling, use the pockets of your outfit wisely and carry your small carry-ons in them. You can also use small pouches to stuff items like earphones, chargers, make up essentials, toiletries, etc.
- Go digital: While travelling, especially abroad, you definitely need to carry a lot of documents. Be smart and use digital replacements to free up space. Important documents like your hotel or flight details, itinerary, ID proof, maps or guidebooks can be digitalized and protected from the risk of theft/loss. If you want to carry books or magazines for your journey, opt for a kindle/e-reader to downsize your baggage.
- Go rolling, not folding: To save up space in your suitcase or bag, avoid folding clothes the way you normally would. Instead, roll your garments neatly and arrange them in an organized manner. You can use packing cubes to sort out different kind of clothes and accessories.
- Pack outfits, not individual items: Instead of randomly packing clothes you may or may not need, you should plan out your outfits. Check your itinerary and only take items that you see yourself wearing. Don’t take a top if you don’t have bottoms to pair it with. If that extra pair of shoes don’t go with anything in your bag, leave it behind.
- Stuff socks in shoes: While packing shoes, roll your socks and pack them inside your shoes. This way you can avoid your shoes from getting squished and ruining their form. And of course, extra space in your bag is a bonus.
- Travel-sized containers: Instead of carrying full-sized toiletries, carry them in travel-sized kits and containers.
- Remove half of everything you packed: You’re not truly done with packing unless you do an observation. Pack everything you’d like to carry with you, and then remove half of that bulk. This way, you will only be bringing the essentials, and not the extras.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise