For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 09 May 2019
Summer vacations are finally here. Well, planning a summer holiday trip in India typically involves exploring destinations like Shimla, Manali, Nainital, Mussoorie, Kashmir, all packed with hordes of tourists. Although, India also has a treasure-trove of lesser-known places that have suitable climate and are budget friendly too. So, let’s take a look at some of these unseen destinations which you can explore on your next trip –
- * Lachung, Sikkim: Located close to the Tibetan border, Lachung is a town and a hill station in North Sikkim district. Known for its beautiful pine forests, captivating waterfalls, and hot springs, this is one of the remotest mountain villages in India. While holidaying in Sikkim, you can plan trips to Yumthang Valley, Chopta Valley, Shingba Rhododenderon Sanctuary, Seven Sister’s Falls, Phodang Monastery, Katao, etc.
- * Khajjar, Himachal Pradesh: Situated in the Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Khajjar is a charming hill station near Dalhousie. Also known as ‘Mini Switzerland’, this is one of the best places to visit during summer season. While there, you can pay a visit to Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary, Khajjar lake, etc.
- * Gokarna, Karnataka: Situated in the state of Karnataka, Gokarna is popular for its beautiful and serene beaches. Moreover, this place has got several temples which makes its surrounding more welcoming and pleasant. Some of the popular tourist attractions of the city include Kudle Beach, Om Beach, and Mahabaleshwar Temple.
- * Kangojodi, Himachal Pradesh: Kangojodi is another lesser-known destination nestled in the Himachal mountains. This place is perfect if you are looking for an ideal escape away from the hustle bustle of city life. Moreover, the place has got a great camping site where you can simply relax or enjoy several adventurous activities.
- * Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh: Ziro is one of those destinations that boasts of pleasant weather throughout the year. This place is known for Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary, Tarin Fish Farm, Kile Pakho Ridge, etc.
- * Bedaghat, Madhya Pradesh: Situated in Madhya Pradesh, Bedaghat is popular for 100ft marble rocks on both sides of Narmada river. Moreover, you can enjoy boating in the moonlight or head to the famous Chausath Yogini Temple, Dhuandhar Falls, etc.
- * Manas National Park, Assam: This is yet another lesser-known place where you must travel to. Being less crowded, this place is ideal for tourism throughout the year. Besides, the place has got Tiger reserves, elephant reserves, and several other biodiversity reserves.
- * Poovar, Kerala: Located in the district of Thiruvanthapuram, Kerala, Poovar is a beautiful place away from the hum drum of city life. Here you can indulge in several activities like going for a night fishing tour at the local fishing village or simply relax in the lap of nature by paying a visit to Thirparappu Falls, which is popular for its 50-feet drop.
So, what are you waiting for? Ditch the old touristy destinations this year and explore these spectacular off-beat places. Just call up your friends, pack your bags and head out to these lesser-known gems in India.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise