For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 18 Jun 2010
Want to travel to a fantasy land out of a fairy tale book, far away from worldly woes? Then take a trip down southwest of Sri Lanka, to the coral beds of Maldives. It is indeed a traveler’s heaven, with 87 exclusive resort islands.
An archipelago of 26 atolls in the Indian Ocean, Maldives will surely mesmerize you with its enchanting charm. Bejeweled with blue azure sky, green turquoise waters and white sandy beaches, it has a lush marine ecosystem which is habitat to unique species of flora and fauna.
Tourism contributes close to 20% of the country’s economy. So get on your feet now, put on your back pack and don’t forget your goggles and swimsuits.
Places of interest:
- Huskuru Miskiiy or Friday Mosque built on 1656 is a masterpiece of coral curving.
- Mulee-aage is currently the President’s Official Residence.
- The National Museum gives an insight into the history and culture of Maldives.
Things to do:
- Underwater Paradise – High underwater visibility and warm climate round the year has made Maldives, a favorite hotspot for water sports enthusiasts worldwide. Scuba diving, snorkeling, surfing, underwater photography are just a few of the most popular water sports options available.
- Whale Submarine Tour – Non-divers, fret not, take the state-of-the-art Whale Submarine Tour and enjoy the underwater world – deep sea coral reefs and tropical aquatic life from inside the submarine.
- Whale & Dolphin watching safari – Maldives ranks among the top five places on Earth for watching whales and dolphins.
Tips for your Holiday in Maldives:
- You don’t need a prior visa; entry permit is issued on arrival.
- The airport island, Hulhule is just 10 mins boat ride from the capital Male, well connected via international air routes.
- Money transactions in most tourist spots are in US Dollars. Traveler’s cheque and all major credit cards are also accepted.
- Pre-book your resort-stay and boat safari well in advance to avoid last minute disappointments.
- When you purchase your airline ticket, it also includes your departure tax.
- Do not forget to get a travel insurance policy. It could save you a lot of hassle in case of any medical emergency or loss of baggage/passport etc.
Are you deeply in love with the magical Maldives? Vote for Maldives – one of the finalists in the New 7 Wonders of the World campaign.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise