For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 15 Mar 2010
There are so many things to consider before purchasing a travel insurance. If you are a first time buyer, some questions may arise, like from which insurance company you should buy? who will provide you the best rates?, what exactly do you cover for?, is the travel insurance worth? etc. Travel insurance will protect you from losses while you are traveling.
The most common types of features available for travel insurance are:
- Trip cancellation
- Accident/Sickness Medical expenses
- Baggage/Personal Loss or Delay4. Medical Evacuation / Emergency Transportation
- Trip Delay
Here are some tips which will help you to make your decision about purchasing the travel insurance.
- Don’t think that taking travel insurance is not worth: Never consider the process of buying the travel insurance as an extra headache before your travel. You may well have the holidays without any problems, but there is always a possibility of some unexpected issues that may leave you with unnecessary stress and an empty wallet.
- Consider if there are more than one trip you may plan in the same year: Before buying a single trip insurance, consider whether you’ll be travelling frequently and therefore better off with annual cover. The annual insurance policies can be very reasonably priced and are often better value for money if you intend to travel twice or more during the year.
- Consider which kind of travel you are planning: Most insurance companies offer different plans for different type of travelers. If you are going for a holiday with family, the insurance will be cheaper than for a travel for winter sports holidays which require more accident cover.
- Compare quotes from different companies: Go online and try to get as many as possible online quotes from different companies, compare them to get the best rate.
- Don’t go for it in the last minute: Never try to purchase the travel insurance in a hurry. Take time to research and analyze, then only you will get a great deal.
Always do your research carefully, and read over the policy so that you can be sure you’re covered for all your needs. Always purchase the travel insurance policy from a reputed insurance company with good track records.
If you are looking for reliable Travel Insurance Company with a clean track record of past success check out our Affordable Travel Insurance Policies.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise