For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 13 Oct 2009
If you are living out of a suitcase, accumulating miles, then you require travel insurance. But if the frequency of travel is very high, then it is advisable to go in for multi-trip travel insurance, also known as annual travel insurance.
Multi-trip travel insurance is only a temporary insurance policy which is designed to provide overseas travelers with a wide range of coverage on more than one trip. Which is why the policy holder can travel infinite number of times in a year, but the duration of each trip cannot exceed 45 days. It can be taken either for an individual or for a family.
The advantages of signing on a Multi trip travel insurance are-
- Assistance in case of Lost Baggage/Visa/Tickets and other valuable documents
- Hijack distress allowance
- Cover any legal assistance fee you might have incurred abroad
- Takes care of any loss or damage caused to your home while you are away
- 24/7 emergency medical assistance and dental treatment
- Emergency medical evacuation in case of any serious illness
- Worldwide cover in case of accidental death/dismemberment
What the policy does not cover-
- Complications related to pregnancy
- If a person suffering from a pre-existing disease faces complications
- Psychiatric conditions or accidents by mentally challenged persons
- Drug abuse or alcohol induced accidents or ailments
Now that you know what is available, all that is left to do is choose a policy based on your travel schedule and get going!
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise