For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 07 Jun 2019
Two wheelers are considered as the most convenient mode of transportation in India and that’s why people invest a lot of time, effort, and money to buy one. However, insuring your two wheeler is as important as buying it. Therefore, make sure you find the best and affordable two wheeler insurance policy that caters to all your needs. Besides, following are the steps that will help you save on your two wheeler insurance premium –
- Selection of your bike: Your premium amount also depends upon the kind of bike you purchase. The premium cost for sports bike and other fancy bikes is usually more than that of regular bikes. The reason behind this is that sport bikes and super bikes require great maintenance as compared to normal bikes.
- Avoid raising smaller claims: All motor insurance policies offer no-claim bonus as reward if you do not make any claim in the previous years. This bonus plays an important role in reducing the insurance premium payable for the next few years. Thus, it is advisable to pay for the cost of minor repairs caused due to an accident and should avoid making smaller claims.
- Install anti-theft devices: To save on premium, you can also install anti-theft devices in your vehicle. By installing anti-theft alarm, gear lock or steer lock, you can reduce on your insurance premium. (subject to approved by ARAI)
- Buy add-ons wisely: While buying an insurance policy, most insurance companies give you the choice of buying an add-on along with it. Though these add-ons enhance the coverage of your plan, but they also increase the premium amount. Thus, it is important to buy add-ons wisely and as per your requirements.
- Compare and buy: In order to save on two wheeler insurance premium, compare different insurance policies and then buy a particular policy that suits your needs. You must check the coverage, features, bonuses offered, premium quotes, etc., before you purchase a policy.
- Go for long term policy: Two wheeler insurance policy comes with a policy period of 1, 2 or 3 years. Therefore, it is advisable to opt for a long term two insurance policy as it helps in reducing the premium. On the other hand, yearly renewal of policy increases the premium amount.
- Always renew your policy on time: This is yet another most important factor that will help you save on premium. Thus, you must always renew your insurance policy on time. All you need to do is to enter few details and make an online payment. You can also set a reminder for this.
These are few essential tips that will help you lower your two wheeler insurance premium. Other than this, if you are looking to buy two wheeler insurance at affordable rates, then go for Royal Sundaram.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise