For buying a new policy call 094444 48899. For customer service call 1860 425 0000.
Search The Blog
Posted by Royal Sundaram on 08 Jun 2017
Road accidents become a major concern as monsoon approaches. If you take proper measures, you can minimize the chances of such mishaps. Here’s how:
Get Your Bike Rain-Ready
- Ø Application of an anti-rust protection layer will protect the body of your two-wheeler against corroding.
- Ø Get your disks, inside of your drum brakes and liners cleaned to ensure that your brakes work efficiently.
- Ø Invest in a rain gear.
- Ø Clean up the air-filter to avoid clogging due to moisture.
- Ø Rain means dirt and muck, which requires you to clean your bike chain more frequently.
- Ø Change your tyres if they are worn out. The treads of the tyres provide grip and worn out tyres that are at a higher risk of slipping.
- Ø Find a covered parking area.
- Ø Check that all the lights—indicators, headlights, taillights etc. are working. Rain and clouds reduce visibility and lights play a major role to help other vehicles spot you on the road.
- Ø Enjoy cashless servicing of your bike with your two wheeler insurance
Invest in a Comprehensive Insurance Plan
Vehicle breakdown in monsoons is a very common occurrence, which can translate to big expenses and major anxiety. In such a scenario, it is very important to have a back-up if things turn out to be unfavourable. Hence, if you hold only a third-party motor insurance, it is time to power up your two-wheeler insurance. While the former will only pay your third party liability, a comprehensive bike insurance will take care of you and your vehicle.
There are many ways to secure your insurance plan at a low-premium. Follow these hacks—
- Ø Customize your policy to the features that meet your need. No extra features means no extra money.
- Ø Avail discounts on the basis of your clean driving record, no claim bonus, etc.
- Ø Sign up for a long term two-wheeler insurance to lock your premium price. Companies also offer discounts on such plans—longer the tenure, higher the discount.
- Ø Buy your bike insurance online.
Be Extra Cautious
- Ø Avoid skidding as it is likely to go wrong on wet roads.
- Ø Utilize the day-light. Avoid driving when it’s dark, early in the morning and during the night.
- Ø Do not speed-up. Drive slowly and be vigilant.
- Ø Keep your distance from other vehicles.
- Ø Use mirrors to keep a check, especially while taking a turn.
- Ø In case of heavy rains, find a safe spot and wait till the weather is apt for driving.
- Ø Don’t panic in an adverse situation. Having a good control can minimize the damage.
- Ø Pre-check your vehicle for lights, brakes and fuel before commencing your journey.
Join over 25,000
of your peers and receive our italk (insurance talk) newsletter with actionable advice on travel, motor, health and home needs right in your inbox!
*We won't spam you, promise