Car Insurance Online: Motor/Vehicle Insurance Policy, Quotes & Renewal - Royal Sundaram
Protection from loss of car or damage to your car.
Unlimited Liability for Third Party death/ injury Claims.
Indemnity for third party property damage up to a limit of Rs. 7.5 lakhs.
Personal Accident Cover for you, your paid driver and the occupants in the car.
Why Royal Sundaram Car Insurance?
Our Car Insurance policies come with a wide range of feature
3300+ Garages List
We provide cashless claims across several garages in the country so that you don’t have to struggle with finding one during an emergency.
Free Road side Assistance
We provide roadside assistance during emergency. Please reach out to customer care for more details.
This Car Insurance policy covers any loss or damage caused to the vehicle due to the following natural and manmade calamities:
Get a Discount on Basic Coverage Premium
Car Shield comes with 11 unique add-on covers that enhance the protection offered in the standard package policy. Some of our popular add-ons include, No Claim Bonus(NCB) Protector, Depreciation Waiver on plastic or metals parts in case of partial loss or claim, Key Protector covering the cost incurred in repair/replacement of keys, including labour costs, add-on cover for your windshield glass without affecting No Claim Bonus, full invoice price cover for protection against total damage or theft.
A Car Insurance Policy is mandatory under the Motor Vehicle Act. Every car owner must have an insurance which covers third party injury, death or property damage.
With Car Insurance, you can cover-
- Car against theft, accidents, disasters such as floods, earthquake, fire, etc.
- Family members (including self) with Personal Accident Policy
- Paid driver, employees or any unnamed passenger
- Damage to someone else's car or property
- Injury/Death of another person due to accident caused by you
There are 2 types of Car Insurance.
- Third Party Policy - This is a Liability Only Policy and covers all third party liabilities such as -
- Bodily injury or death of third party
- Property Damage of third party
Personal Accident cover for Owner-Driver is also included in Third Party Insurance.
2. Package Policy - This covers Loss or Damage to the vehicle insured (Own Damage) in addition to the Third party cover. It is also known as comprehensive cover. You can cover your car against damage due to -
- Road accidents
- Fire accidents
- Natural disasters such as flood inundation, lightning, cyclone, etc
- Riot or strike
Covering your car with at least Third Party Insurance is mandatory, as per the Motor Vehicles Act.
Break-in-insurance is when the Policy lapses due to non-renewal of the Policy on time. As per the law, an owner should cover his/her car with at least third party insurance at all times. If you have a break in your car insurance, you can-
- Approach another insurance company to renew policy-if it has been less than 90 days since the Policy lapsed. In this case, you may be able to retain your No Claim Bonus.
- Obtain a new Insurance Policy-if it has been more than 90 days since the Policy lapsed.
- In either case, you have to get your car re-inspected
In every car, the metal, rubber, nylon and plastic parts are subject to deduction for depreciation. During a Claim, if there is any damage to these parts, it will not be fully covered. The coverage will be as per the percent of depreciation.
|AGE OF PRIVATE CAR||% OF DEPRECIATION|
|Not exceeding 6 months||Nil|
|Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year||5%|
|Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years||10%|
|Exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years||15%|
|Exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years||25%|
|Exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years||35%|
|Exceeding 5 years but not exceeding 10 years||40%|
|Exceeding 10 years||50%|
- Fire, explosion, self ignition or lightning
- Burglary, housebreaking or theft
- Riot or strike
- Earthquake (fire and shock damage)
- Flood typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost
- Accidental external means
- Malicious act
- Terrorist activity
- Whilst in transit by road, rail, inland- waterway, lift, elevator or air
- Land slide, rock slide
An endorsement is a document that incorporates amendments and additions in the existing terms of the policy. It is a written evidence of an agreed change to policy. If the policyholder needs to purchase more coverage, add riders or change the scope of the existing insurance policy, they can approach the insurance company to make the required changes by way of an endorsement.
An endorsement can be issued at the time of purchase, mid-term or during renewal period. It can be used to provide additional benefits and cover (e.g., legal liability to driver) or to impose restrictions (e.g., accidental damage deductible). Subsequently, any amendments regarding policyholders’ documents such as change of name, change of address, change of vehicle, etc. can also be implemented by way of an endorsement. The wordings of those endorsements are provided in the tariff.
- Insured's Declared Value (IDV)
- Cubic Capacity of the vehicle
- Geographical Zones
- Age of the vehicle
The geographical zones are-
- Zone A - Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune.
- Zone B - Rest of India
- Voluntary Deductible discount
- No Claim Bonus
- Automobile Association Discount
- Discount on Vintage Cars
- No paperwork is required to buy your insurance policy online
- Instant policy issuance
- Multiple payment options via Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking
- Highest levels of security.
IDV means Insured's Declared Value. It is the value of the vehicle, which is arrived at by adjusting the current manufacturer's listed selling price of the vehicle with depreciation percentage as prescribed in the Tariff. Manufacture's listed Selling Price will include Local Duties/Taxes, excluding Registration and Insurance. For the vehicles that are obsolete or aged over 5 years, the IDV will be the value agreed between the Insurer and the Insured. The value of the obsolete vehicles and the vehicles aged over 5 years are arrived by our Assessment Team with the help of various resources like IMAs, Panel of Surveyors, Car Dealers, Second Hand Car dealers, etc. Depreciation slabs for arriving at IDV are below:
|AGE OF THE VEHICLE IDV||% OF DEPRECIATION FOR FIXING|
|Not exceeding 6 months||5%|
|Exceeding 6 Months but not exceeding 1 Year||15%|
|Exceeding 1 Year but not exceeding 2 Years||20%|
|Exceeding 2 Years but not exceeding 3 Years||30%|
|Exceeding 3 Years but not exceeding 4 Years||40%|
|Exceeding 4 Years but not exceeding 5 Years||50%|
No Claim Bonus is a reward for filing no claim in the previous year. It can be accumulated over a period of insurance. NCB starts with 20% and goes up to 50%
- NCB becomes nil in case of a Claim
- NCB follows the fortunes of the customer and not the vehicle
- The validity period to reclaim NCB is 90 days from the date of Expiry of the policy
- NCB can be utilized within 3 years (in case if the existing vehicle is sold and a new car is purchased)
- NCB recovery to be done in case of a Name Transfer
- NCB gets transferred to the legal heir in case of Death of customer
- NCB can be transferred to a new vehicle in case of Substitution of vehicle of the same class
- NCB earned abroad can be given in India
- Normal wear and tear and general ageing of the insured vehicle
- Depreciation or any consequential loss
- Vehicle used otherwise than limitations as to use
- Damage by a person driving any vehicle without a valid license
- Damage by a person driving the vehicle under the influence of drugs or liquor
- Mechanical/electrical breakdown
- Wear and tear of consumables like tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time
- Loss/damage due to war, mutiny or nuclear risk
Yes, it will be covered, provided-
- You have a comprehensive car insurance policy
- LPG/CNG kit is endorsed in your RC (Registration Certificate) book by the RTO (Road Transport Office)
During a Claim, certain minimum amount is deducted from the Insured. The amount deductible is given below:
- For Private Cars up to 1500 CC, it is Rs 1000
- For Private Cars above 1500 CC, it is Rs 2000
Our Happy Customers
We value your feedback. Share your experience with us.
Policy Terms and Conditions
Car Shield UIN NO : IRDAN102P0004V02201617