Car Insurance Online: Buy/Renew Motor/Vehicle Policy in 5 min | Royal Sundaram
Protection from loss of car or damage to your car.
Unlimited Liability for Third Party death/ injury Claims.
Cashless or insta settlement for all Car Insurance Own Damage Claims
Indemnity for third party property damage up to a limit of Rs. 7.5 lakhs.
Personal Accident Cover for you, your paid driver and the occupants in the car.
Why Royal Sundaram Car Insurance?
Our Car Insurance policies come with a wide range of feature
3300+ Garages List
We provide cashless claims across several garages in the country so that you don’t have to struggle with finding one during an emergency.
Free Road side Assistance
We provide roadside assistance during emergency. Please reach out to customer care for more details.
This Car Insurance policy covers any loss or damage caused to the vehicle due to the following natural and manmade calamities:
Get a Discount on Basic Coverage Premium
Car Shield comes with 11 unique add-on covers that enhance the protection offered in the standard package policy. Some of our popular add-ons include, No Claim Bonus(NCB) Protector, Depreciation Waiver on plastic or metals parts in case of partial loss or claim, Key Protector covering the cost incurred in repair/replacement of keys, including labour costs, add-on cover for your windshield glass without affecting No Claim Bonus, full invoice price cover for protection against total damage or theft.
Driving on roads may be a pleasant experience, however, one has to consider the safety factor equally well. Even a skilled driver cannot avoid the risk factor while driving. A little bump or minor accident in such cases can result in huge loss. Thus, the only best way to remain prepared against such circumstances is to buy a car insurance. It’s the smartest way to financially secure you and your car.
So, when you buy a vehicle, be it a bike or car, you must get it insured before you start driving it on the road. Remember, a car insurance policy is not a choice, it’s a necessity and mandatory by the Motor Vehicles Act in India.
A few key benefits
- Protection for loss or damage caused to your car
- Indemnity for third-party property damage up to a certain limit of Rs. 7.5 Lakhs
- It provides personal accident cover to you, your paid driver as well as the occupants in the car.
- It offers unlimited liability cover for third party injury claims/third party death.
What’s covered under a car insurance policy?
- It covers your vehicle against accidents, theft, disasters such as fire, earthquake, floods, etc.
- Damage caused to somebody else’s vehicle or property
- Paid driver, employees or any unknown passenger
- It covers your family members (including you) with personal accident policy
- Injury or death of another individual due to an accident caused by you
What’s not covered under a car insurance policy?
Here’s a list of things not covered under a car insurance policy:
- This excludes mechanical/electrical breakdown
- Damage caused by an individual under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Damage caused by a person who is driving the car without a valid license
- Normal wear and tear, depreciation or any other consequential loss
- Loss or damage due to nuclear risk or war
- Wear and tear of consumables such as tyres and tubes
So, it can be fairly said that an insurance policy is a must for every car owner. Besides, there are multiple policies available in the market these days. Royal Sundaram’s comprehensive car insurance package lends safety to you as well as your car.
A Car Insurance Policy is mandatory under the Motor Vehicle Act. Every car owner must have an insurance which covers third party injury, death or property damage.
With Car Insurance, you can cover-
- Car against theft, accidents, disasters such as floods, earthquake, fire, etc.
- Family members (including self) with Personal Accident Policy
- Paid driver, employees or any unnamed passenger
- Damage to someone else's car or property
- Injury/Death of another person due to accident caused by you
There are 2 types of Car Insurance.
- Third Party Policy - This is a Liability Only Policy and covers all third party liabilities such as -
- Bodily injury or death of third party
- Property Damage of third party
Personal Accident cover for Owner-Driver is also included in Third Party Insurance.
2. Package Policy - This covers Loss or Damage to the vehicle insured (Own Damage) in addition to the Third party cover. It is also known as comprehensive cover. You can cover your car against damage due to -
- Road accidents
- Fire accidents
- Natural disasters such as flood inundation, lightning, cyclone, etc
- Riot or strike
Covering your car with at least Third Party Insurance is mandatory, as per the Motor Vehicles Act.
Break-in-insurance is when the Policy lapses due to non-renewal of the Policy on time. As per the law, an owner should cover his/her car with at least third party insurance at all times. If you have a break in your car insurance, you can-
- Approach another insurance company to renew policy-if it has been less than 90 days since the Policy lapsed. In this case, you may be able to retain your No Claim Bonus.
- Obtain a new Insurance Policy-if it has been more than 90 days since the Policy lapsed.
- In either case, you have to get your car re-inspected
In every car, the metal, rubber, nylon and plastic parts are subject to deduction for depreciation. During a Claim, if there is any damage to these parts, it will not be fully covered. The coverage will be as per the percent of depreciation.
|AGE OF PRIVATE CAR||% OF DEPRECIATION|
|Not exceeding 6 months||Nil|
|Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year||5%|
|Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years||10%|
|Exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years||15%|
|Exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years||25%|
|Exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years||35%|
|Exceeding 5 years but not exceeding 10 years||40%|
|Exceeding 10 years||50%|
- Fire, explosion, self ignition or lightning
- Burglary, housebreaking or theft
- Riot or strike
- Earthquake (fire and shock damage)
- Flood typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost
- Accidental external means
- Malicious act
- Terrorist activity
- Whilst in transit by road, rail, inland- waterway, lift, elevator or air
- Land slide, rock slide
An endorsement is a document that incorporates amendments and additions in the existing terms of the policy. It is a written evidence of an agreed change to policy. If the policyholder needs to purchase more coverage, add riders or change the scope of the existing insurance policy, they can approach the insurance company to make the required changes by way of an endorsement.
An endorsement can be issued at the time of purchase, mid-term or during renewal period. It can be used to provide additional benefits and cover (e.g., legal liability to driver) or to impose restrictions (e.g., accidental damage deductible). Subsequently, any amendments regarding policyholders’ documents such as change of name, change of address, change of vehicle, etc. can also be implemented by way of an endorsement. The wordings of those endorsements are provided in the tariff.
- Insured's Declared Value (IDV)
- Cubic Capacity of the vehicle
- Geographical Zones
- Age of the vehicle
The geographical zones are-
- Zone A - Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune.
- Zone B - Rest of India
- Voluntary Deductible discount
- No Claim Bonus
- Automobile Association Discount
- Discount on Vintage Cars
- No paperwork is required to buy your insurance policy online
- Instant policy issuance
- Multiple payment options via Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking
- Highest levels of security.
IDV stands for Insured Declared Value. It’s the current market value of your car that can be calculated by depreciating the current manufacturer’s listed selling price of the vehicle with depreciation percentage as per the Indian Motor Tariff. Manufacturer’s listed selling prices consists of local duties/taxes, which excludes insurance and registration. For those vehicles that are outdated or exceeding 5 years of age, IDV value will be the value accepted by both- the insurance company and insured. Besides, the value of obsolete vehicles and those exceeding 5 years of age is evaluated by our assessment team with the help of several resources such as second hand car dealers, IMAs, panel of Surveyors, etc.
The depreciation value of your vehicle is based on the following schedule –
|Age of the vehicle||Depreciation Rate|
|Not more than 6 months||5%|
|Exceeding 6 Months but not exceeding 1 Year||15%|
|Exceeding 1 Year but not exceeding 2 Years||20%|
|Exceeding 2 Years but not exceeding 3 Years||30%|
|Exceeding 3 Years but not exceeding 4 Years||40%|
|Exceeding 4 Years but not exceeding 5 Years||50%|
No Claim Bonus is a reward for filing no claim in the previous year. It can be accumulated over a period of insurance. NCB starts with 20% and goes up to 50%
- NCB becomes nil in case of a Claim
- NCB follows the fortunes of the customer and not the vehicle
- The validity period to reclaim NCB is 90 days from the date of Expiry of the policy
- NCB can be utilized within 3 years (in case if the existing vehicle is sold and a new car is purchased)
- NCB recovery to be done in case of a Name Transfer
- NCB gets transferred to the legal heir in case of Death of customer
- NCB can be transferred to a new vehicle in case of Substitution of vehicle of the same class
- NCB earned abroad can be given in India
- Normal wear and tear and general ageing of the insured vehicle
- Depreciation or any consequential loss
- Vehicle used otherwise than limitations as to use
- Damage by a person driving any vehicle without a valid license
- Damage by a person driving the vehicle under the influence of drugs or liquor
- Mechanical/electrical breakdown
- Wear and tear of consumables like tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time
- Loss/damage due to war, mutiny or nuclear risk
Yes, it will be covered, provided-
- You have a comprehensive car insurance policy
- LPG/CNG kit is endorsed in your RC (Registration Certificate) book by the RTO (Road Transport Office)
- In the case of a severe accident or damage to your vehicle, arrange for medical attention to anyone injured at the spot. Take down details of other vehicles involved in the accident.
- If it is not be possible for you to move your car, ensure your vehicle is protected from further damage at the spot. Don’t start the engine and avoid driving your vehicle if the vehicle is not in drivable condition.
- In the case of death, injury, theft, burglary, third-party property damage, house break or damage due to malicious acts like strike, riot, and terrorist activity, inform the nearby police station immediately.
- Call the insurance company as soon as possible to intimate a claim. We will guide you about the claims process and the requirements to process a claim.
- Please do not dismantle or start repairs before the vehicle is inspected by Royal Sundaram.
- We require the following documents to process your accident claim
- Duly completed claim form signed by the insured
- Driving License of the driver at the time of accident – Photocopy along with original for verification and return. For some cases, self attested photocopy is also accepted.
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle – Photocopy along with original for verification and return. For some cases, self attested photocopy is also accepted.
- Other documents may be requested depending on the requirements of the claim
- For a theft claim, inform the insurance company immediately, even if the police have not been informed yet and we will explain the entire process to you. However, it is important to file a First Information Report with the police as soon as possible.
During a Claim, certain minimum amount is deducted from the Insured. The amount deductible is given below:
- For Private Cars up to 1500 CC, it is Rs 1000
- For Private Cars above 1500 CC, it is Rs 2000
Our Happy Customers
Mr. Sanjay Halmare
I have found any claim on Royal Sundaram Car Policy very promptly attended and judiciously settled to the fullest satisfaction.I am very Happy with company Policies and Valuer also, who is having human approch towards settling claims.Posted on : Wed Oct 17 00:00:00 IST 2018
Mr. Harendra singh
Have got refund for the policy. A lots of thanks for your kind co-operation, quick and hassel free response to redress my grievance. You have a great spirit for customer satisfaction.Posted on : Thu Jul 05 00:00:00 IST 2018
We value your feedback. Share your experience with us.
Policy Terms and Conditions
3 Years Private Car Liability Only Policy : IRDAN102RP0001V01201819
Bundled Private Car Long Term Policy: IRDAN102RP0005V01201819
3 Years Private Car Package Policy: IRDAN102RP0003V01201819
Car Shield UIN NO: IRDAN102P0004V02201617