Car Insurance Online: Motor/Vehicle Insurance Policy, Quotes & Renewal - Royal Sundaram
Car Insurance in India
A car is one of the most valuable assets that you will own in your life. In India, more often than not, people have traditionally likened cars to feelings of ‘opulence’ and ‘luxury’. Therefore, every judicious car owner understands that a comprehensive car insurance policy is absolutely essential to secure his precious asset against any sort of damage, may it be due to natural calamities, thefts, even acts of terrorism. In India, car insurance policies are governed by the India Motor Tariff. Therefore, your vehicle’s coverage is standard, regardless of the brand of your car. Furthermore, applying for car insurance is mandatory by law and needs to be renewed every year.
India has three broad categories for classifying car insurance:
- Private Car Insurance – applicable to all privately owned cars.
- Two Wheeler Insurance – applicable to all privately owned two-wheelers.
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance – applicable to all vehicles not used for personal purposes such as trucks and HMVs.
When applying for your insurance, make sure you ask your insurance agent as many questions as possible so as to clear all niggling doubts. Some important points to note:
- Check to see what extent of damage is covered.
- Check whether it covers all individuals travelling in the vehicle.
- Check whether it covers multiple drivers using the car.
- Check if there are any means by which premiums can be reduced, e.g., installing antitheft devices.
Note that in India, insurance provider do not cover the following scenarios:
- Consequential loss, depreciation, mechanical and electrical breakdown, failure or breakage.
- Using the vehicle outside the stipulated geographical area.
- War or nuclear perils and drunken driving.
Taking into consideration these caveats is imperative for every car owner in India in order to protect himself against the financial risks associated with any untoward incident.
States of India which offer Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Policies:
> Andaman > Andhra Pradesh > Arunachal Pradesh > Assam > Bihar > Dadra and Nagar Haveli
> Daman and Diu > Gujarat > Haryana > Himachal Pradesh > Jammu > Jharkhand
> Karnataka > Kerala > Lakshadweep > Madhya Pradesh > Maharashtra > Manipur
> Meghalaya > Mizoram > Nagaland > Tamil Nadu > Tripura > Uttar Pradesh
> Uttarakhand > Orissa > West Bengal > Punjab > Rajasthan > Sikkim