CAR INSURANCE IN INDIA
The Motor Vehicles’ Act has laid down a legal mandate for all vehicles to possess a valid insurance policy to be eligible to be driven on Indian roads. The legality of it aside, car insurance is imperative to ensure a stress-free and enjoyable driving experience in your car. The car insurance policies in India are of two types –
Third-party insurance cover – This is the barest minimum legal insurance requirement for a car in India. Third-party insurance protects the owner-driver from the stress of financial liabilities arising from the damage to third-party property or the injury or death of a third party.
Comprehensive insurance cover – This is an all-encompassing cover that offers protection to all three aspects – Owner, Car, and third-party. It covers the car against theft or damages caused by natural calamities, terrorism, or riots. It provides a Personal Accident Cover of up to Rs. 15 lakhs for the owner-driver, and finally, it covers any liabilities arising from third-party damages.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF A GOOD CAR INSURANCE POLICY?
The following are some of the features to consider if you wish to buy the best car insurance policy –
- Third-party or comprehensive – Although third-party insurance policies are the cheaper options, it is better to opt for a comprehensive cover plan to ensure that any damage to the car or injury to the owner-driver is also financially taken care of.
- Higher IDV – Insured Declared Value or IDV is the approximate market value of the car at the time of purchasing the insurance. It is the amount that will be refunded to you in case of theft or total damage to the car. Find the car insurance policy that offers a higher IDV, so that your car is insured for a higher amount.
- Easy claim settlement process – Car accidents bring with them a lot of stress with respect to the repairs and the financial burden. However, a good claim settlement process eases some pressure and ensures a seamless and hassle-free claims settlement.
- High Claim settlement ratio – Claim settlement ratio indicates the number of claims settled by the insurance company from all the claims received by them in a specified time. Higher claim settlement ratio points towards a fair and efficient claim settlement policy of the company and ensures a stress-free policy term for the insured.
- Zero Depreciation cover – When you claim insurance, you will receive an amount equivalent to your car’s current market value. With zero-dep coverage, the actual price of the car matters. This add-on cover ensures that the annual depreciation in the price of the car or the plastic and metal parts is not considered during claim settlement.
- Roadside assistance – Car insurance providers offer a 24*7 roadside assistance wherein you will be provided round-the-clock assistance in case of breakdown of your car in the middle of the road. You just have to contact the customer care, and help will reach your location.
- Cashless garage network – An insurance company with a large network of cashless garages ensures quick and hassle-free repairs to your car in case of accidental damage or breakdown.
- Easy renewal – It is imperative to renew your car insurance policies on time to ensure a break-free coverage. The best car insurance companies have a seamless renewal procedure to ensure that you don’t miss the renewal date and get your policy renewed from the comfort of your computer screens.
- A host of add-ons – Add-ons are the additional coverages you can opt for at an extra cost of the premium. Having a good choice among add-ons ensures that you get the optimum protection for your car.
WHY IS ROYAL SUNDARAM CAR INSURANCE THE BEST FOR YOUR CAR?
Royal Sundaram offers the following features that make it one of the best car insurance providers in the Indian insurance market.
- Royal Sundaram has no limits on third-party injury/death liability claims. It also offers an indemnity liability of up to Rs. 7.5 lakhs for third-party property damage.
- It offers competitive IDV for your car during the purchase/renewal of the policy.
- Royal Sundaram car insurance policy offers a Personal Accident Cover of up to Rs. 15 lakhs, along with an optional paid driver cover and occupants cover.
- Royal Sundaram provides online, and doorstep claims settlement procedure. You can lodge your claim online, and a surveyor will come to you to check the vehicle and initiate the claim process.
- It has a competitive Grievances Resolved Ratio of 99.28% and an Incurred Claim Ratio of 84.99%
- Royal Sundaram offers a 24*7 roadside assistance wherein you will be provided round-the-clock assistance in case of breakdown of your car in the middle of the road. Royal Sundaram also offers an emergency fuel delivery facility!
- Royal Sundaram car insurance provides cashless claims across almost 4600 garages in the country, eliminating the stress of finding one in an emergency. It also offers a free flat tyre service.
You can now renew your Royal Sundaram Car Insurance policy in 3 easy steps. Visit https://www.royalsundaram.in/ and select “INSTA RENEW.”
1. Input your Policy number and Expiry date.
2. View your policy details and Premium amount.
3. Process your online payment.
- Royal Sundaram offers additional cover for electrical, non-electrical and electronic cover and coverage for the CNG fuel system and the bi-fuel system (as mentioned in the RC book).
Royal Sundaram car insurance offers you an exhaustive list of add-ons to choose from –
Depreciation Waiver Cover (Zero depreciation)
Non-Claim Bonus Cover
Voluntary Deductible Cover
Key Replacement Cover
Loss of Baggage Cover
Windshield Glass Cover
Lifetime Road Tax Clause
Full Invoice Price Insurance Cover
Spare Car Clause
Aggravation (Damage) Cover Clause
- Buying/renewing an online policy with Royal Sundaram provides various offers and discounts. Being a member of the Automobile Association of India can earn you a discount of 5% (up to Rs. 200) on OD premium.