Welcome to COVID SECURE
Highly affordable cover to help you secure yourself and your loved ones from unforeseen expenses in the event of contracting corona virus.
About Covid Secure
CORONA VIRUS has hit India hard and has plunged the country into a lockdown for a long period. People are concerned about their health. The economic lockdown has also made people worry about salary cuts & losing their jobs.
Your existing health insurance indemnity policy may not cover some expenses such as loss of your income because you are not able to attend office or not able to attend business or shop etc.
To help people against such economic loss, Royal Sundaram has come up with COVID SECURE, a Fixed Benefit Health Insurance plan to help you against your loss of income and which makes your protection against CORONA Virus Disease more comprehensive as it will act as your ‘income protector plan’.
The Product provides lump sum benefit to the person who is hospitalised or quarantined (including home quarantine) in India and diagnosed positive with Corona Virus.
Who can be covered?
Proposer can buy policy for self, spouse, son, daughter, father, mother, father-in-law, mother-in-law. For any other relationship, proposer can obtain cover for maximum 4 Insured Person(s). This will be subject to satisfying age and health criteria.
Should the proposer also be covered in the policy?
Proposer need not be mandatorily covered in the Policy.
What is the minimum and maximum age allowed?
Children: The minimum entry age under this policy is 21 years.
Adult: Minimum entry age is 21 years and maximum entry age is 65 years. There is no maximum renewable age.
Individual or Floater Sum Insured?
The policy can only be purchased on an Individual basis.
What will be the policy tenure?
Customer can buy the policy for one year. 'One Policy Year' shall mean a period of twelve (12) months from the date of issuance of the policy.
What is the available sum insured options?
Rs. 25,000/- and Rs. 50,000 /-
Sum Insured is on Annual basis and will be payable on lump sum basis (fixed benefit).
What are the Key Benefits of this policy?
A lump sum amount (Fixed benefit) will be paid if Insured Person shall contract and diagnosed positive for Corona Virus (this includes positive diagnosis after being quarantined), in the Policy year subject to following:
- The insured person must have been diagnosed positive for Corona Virus in any Government designated laboratory in India, appointed for testing of Corona Virus disease.
- The Insured Person has been either in-patient hospitalised or quarantined (including Home quarantine Institutional/Government quarantine) in India resulting from Corona Virus disease.
- Insurance under this policy shall cease to exist for said Policy year upon payment of lump-sum amount.
What are the waiting periods in this policy?
30 Days Initial Waiting Period:
Benefit under this policy related to Coronavirus shall be excluded for the first 30 days from the policy inception date.
What are the exclusions in this policy?
The Company shall not be liable to make any payment under the policy if:
- If there is no In-patient Hospitalisation or quarantine (including Home quarantine /Institutional/Government quarantine) in India. Any quarantine which is not certified by the Competent Authority will not be considered.
- For Any Illness, sickness or disease other than Coronavirus.
- Any claim with respect to Coronavirus contracted or manifested or the onset of diseases or where the insured has tested positive for corona virus is prior to Commencement date of this policy or during the initial waiting period of 30 days.
- Human coronavirus OC43 (HCoV-OC43), β-CoV
- Human coronavirus HKU1 (HCoV-HKU1), β-CoV
- Human coronavirus 229E (HCoV-229E), α-CoV
- Human coronavirus NL63 (HCoV-NL63), α-CoV
- Middle East respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus (MERS-CoV), β-CoV
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV), β-CoV
What are the cancellation conditions is this policy?
Refund of Premium (basis Policy Period)
Timing of Cancellation
Upto 1 Year/ Rate of Premium to be retained
Up to 90 days
85.00% of policy premium will be retained
Exceeding 90 days
Full policy premium will be retained
Will there be any premium loading?
We shall apply a risk loading of 20% on the premium payable for Diabetes, if the person proposed to be insured is suffering from Diabetes and on continuous treatment for the same in the last 1 year and has an average HbA1C reading of 7.2 or above in the last 1 year, loading of 20% will be applicable. This is in line with Our board approved underwriting policy (based upon the declarations made in the proposal form and the health status of the persons proposed for insurance), which shall be mentioned specifically in the Schedule of Insurance Certificate. These loadings are applied from the inception of the initial Policy including subsequent Renewal(s) with Us or on the receipt of a request for increase in Sum Insured (for which the loading shall be applied on the increased Sum Insured).
Is this product available for foreign nationals working in India?
This policy is available only for Indian citizens and OCI (Foreign citizen of Indian origin) card holders working in India and not for foreign nationals who are working in India or foreign tourists.
Can a customer avail multiple policy from Royal Sundaram, across same or different channels?
Multiple policies will not be accepted and hence to be avoided. Customer will be eligible for only one policy.
To know more, please click on the below link.